I hate this new forum layout

WHO LIKES/DISLIKES THE NEW FORUM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

applecart14

Visit site
I hate using this forum now. It is really difficult and not user friendly at all. I don't mind change but only when its for the better. My status has changed to a new person although I've been using this forum since Oct 2008. Some of my previous posts have gone, all my PM's have dissapeared and until today it was displaying my old posts with my password instead of my user name so anyone that wanted to could have put a deflamatory post using my details. :(

Anyone else having problems/hate the new format?

I am going to try using another forum and see if I like it better and shift my allegiance if I do. Shame as I have made many new friends and will be sorry to leave them behind. x

Tallante

Visit site
I'm struggling too.

Too much white space. Clearly designed by someone with a huge screen. Not good on a small screen or laptop.

Also, I have to reset Display Options every time I enter New Lounge to get the order I prefer.

Carys

Visit site
No, not too keen on the new layout either. As you say not good on a small screen, too much blank space & just doesn't "feel" user-friendly.

BBH

Visit site
I'm still trying to find my way around it but for me all I want is the basics, I personally don't need to use half of what it can do ie Avatars etc.

The jury's out but at the moment I'm preferring the old system, it was so easy.

DiamondSR

Visit site
I hate it too. It doesn't work at all now on my work pc and when I click to read a post it just freezes. Am having to access from my iPhone which bascially means I won't come on here much anymore. Very annoying!

sessierose

Visit site
See, now i much prefer it. It is similar to other forums i use so now feel much more at home, will definitely be posting more now.

Hope you all get used to it soon.

only_me

Visit site
I hate it :( I tend to stick in one/two rooms now, because of the hassle of using it :(
I hate hate hate the fact that the threads with new posts come to the top of page, therefore pushing all other threads down the page.

What was wrong with the old system?

Porkie

Visit site
I don't like it either - really struggling :(

I am shopping around to find another more user friendly forum now - which is a shame because I've been on here a good few years. I really liked the old one but this one is so tricky and sooooo slow. You can't see what you want and when you go back to look at posts you can't find them.

I hate it!

happyhaffie

Visit site
I really dont like it either, im on and off here during the day and when I come back on to follow up on a post I cant find it, let me know if you find a user friendly forum this one is too much like hard work

Janesomerset

Visit site
I hate it :( I tend to stick in one/two rooms now, because of the hassle of using it :(
I hate hate hate the fact that the threads with new posts come to the top of page, therefore pushing all other threads down the page.

What was wrong with the old system?

I couldn't agree more with this. It's confusing and annoying. What was wrong with the old forum? If something ain't broke, DON'T fix it!

Tallante

Visit site
You can change the order of each forum if you go to the bottom of the list (yes, keep going) and there are display options which change the order

BUT

you have to change it again EVERY time you go back to the forum

Doh!

Munchkin

www.aloegeneration.co.uk and http
It's the same format as 99.9% of the forums on the Internet. You can change the viewing order, and if you go to your homepage when you log in, can get straight back to whichever threads you were posting on before.

It's far more user friendly, the UI is 100% more efficient that that prehistoric thing they were using before and I for one am glad they finally made the switch.

Besides, it's free...

HenrytheCat

Visit site
I'm not keen on this type of forum layout either and have decided to go back to the native pony forum that I used to go on because it feels nicer to use. I can't find posts that I have created/contributed to very easily now and I can't be bothered to keep searching for them as I don't have either the time or patience.

Tinypony

Visit site
Oh dear, I love it. I find it easier to use than the old forum. Is that because this sort of layout is more common on DG's?

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I really find it ok, it is different but its not bothering me, its a new style to learn but I think you will all soon be wizzing round to where you want to be on here. It will just take a bit of getting used to as it has been the same for years.
Personally I have had no trouble so far *touch wood* it seemed to bring me and all my info across, even my siggy, so perhaps they have had a few problems but on the whole it all seems good. Give yourself some time perhaps...

RobinHood

Visit site
I couldn't agree more with this. It's confusing and annoying. What was wrong with the old forum? If something ain't broke, DON'T fix it!

I had the old forum set like this - it's much better because you can't miss the big threads with lots of replies. You can change it all in your options anyway.

I don't mind the new forum at all, I can't see how it's that different to the old one anyway.

miss_bird

Visit site
i am not getting on with it too well, finding it slower, hate the fact it only displayes 10 threads per page, so if i want to look at all the posts since i last logged on i dont know how as they just keep changing darn order.
And yes i miss those little red numbers