I have a dilemma......Help!

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Right, let me set the scene-
I have 3 horses: my 6yo, Missy
my 13yo ASBO horse, Storm
& my 2yo, Allie

My dilemma, I can take 2 horses back to college with me when I return from work placement next september, I'm quite happy to (and I need to) bring Missy back here with me so thats all fine. I think Storm would hate me forever if she were made to come back, sit in a stable and actually do some proper work
tongue.gif
And then I have Allie, who will be turning 3 in june, is spending her time sat in a field eating.
I'm torn over what to do so here are my two options:

<u>Option 1</u>

Take Missy and Storm back to college and leave Allie in the field for another year

or

<u>Option 2</u>

Take Missy back to college in September, Put Storm in foal (I was planning to breed from her when I'd finished college anyway but I'm not sure if the stallion I want to use is standing), start doing the ground work with Allie in the spring and break her in the summer (August time), she would be turned away form december until about March/April time then get brought back into work properly when she's 4.

I really have no idea what to do but I'm worried that at 3 Allie will be too young to have my big arse on her back (I have a feeling I'm being silly about this and she will be fine)

Opinions please......What would you do?

crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

Confused from warwickshire

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
You can - but you don't have to.

Why not take Missy and turn the youngster away ealier. You'll save on costs, keep a companion for Storm - and still be able to get Allie up in the Spring when you break for Easter. You'll be able to re-assess the situation then about whether she and Missy are at college with you.

Nailed

Visit site
get a grip woman! At three ally will be fine to carry you and it is the best year to start her! Personally.. seeing how much storm is hating it i would bring ally up and put storm in foal or out to a loan home close by. I think ally needs to start having stuff done with her next year and obviously missy has got to get on with it bless her.
Lou x