I have a new...

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
Horse!
Had a phone call yesterday from my irish owner asking if I can pick one up for him. Was on my way to Birmingham to pick another one up anyways so picked it up straight away.
Now this horse is very well bred for jump racing, and a nice looker. I was told that he is unbroken and has a small cut on his fetlock.
Small cut he may have on his fetlock, but he forgot to mention the 20 others! All over each leg, belly, chest, face (rubs from headcollar). Horse is very headshy, took me and my dad 20 mins to get headcollar on this morning, and wouldnt let me near the worst leg. They are so scabby and sore I think they must have been this way for some time, Luckily vet came anyway this morn, so had some sedalin, then was still struggling with said leg and farrier turned up, result!
Above all this the horse looks pretty fit, definetly not unbroken - I dare say he has had a few beatings since he last had a bridle on though. He doesnt seem nasty at all, anywhere except LF and head and he is fine, I pulled his mane before I got the headcollar on.
Will hopefully turn out ok!

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
Hes 4yo. By Dr Massini, out of a full sister to a Gold Cup winner (so im told). He is to be sold, but heres the fishy bit.
I broke in his sister last year and she was a complete yoke, not very nice looking, horrid attitude, 15.hh (this one is a good 16.2hh). She sold for £8k and he only wants £2k for the gelding.

severnmiles

Visit site
Hmm wierd, mind you Ernie and his sister were completely different in looks and temp, yet when I worked at Mals you could tell what was out of what mare because of the temp and looks.

Any pics yet? Has the sister done any good?

Puppy

Visit site
Shall look forward to seeing some pics of him in the above condition and once you've put some time in with him!

seabiscuit

Visit site
We have a doctor Massini mare in my trainers livery yard at the moment! Gandy Dancer, half sister to a very successfull chaser by supreme leader.She was VERY cheap as well despite her breeding, but she is a tiny little snip of a thing, about 15hands at the very most
Maybe Dr Massini's are very cheap at the mo.

Kelly1982

Visit site
Sounds like he has had a lucky escape coming to you, doesn't sound like he has had a very good start in life bless him.

Cant wait for the pics
grin.gif