I have a pretty pony! And a quick Q

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
My crazy spotty horse was messing around in his field today so i got some photos
tongue.gif

35i9hyp.jpg

and the question... does anyone know wat is goin on with his legs in this one??? i thought he was trotting when it was on the camera but then i looked at the full sized thing and couldn't work it out.. is this pacing then?? i no he can, just haven't seen a photo of it :p

nmgosn.jpg

silversox

Visit site
He's a very pretty pony,jhoward!!

No, he is not pacing, he is trotting 'normally', i.e. moving his legs diagonally. A pacer moves his legs laterally - i.e. both legs on the same side going forwards and backwards together, at the same time! Like a camel.

In the top photo his near fore is off the ground and he's about to lift his off fore so it looks a bit odd. In the bottom pic (very nice, by the way) you have captured the typical movement of an ordinary trot.

Hope this solves the question.

JM07

Visit site
in the bottom pics he could be pacing as both his legs on this side are "pacing" forwards at the same time...

nope...having a second look i'd say he was walking..

Angelbones

Visit site
I have a 'spotty' mare (well I think she is actually spotty x something like ID) but if you leave the outline and colour yours in a different colour it could be my mare, except she has rather more of a mummy tummy! perhaps there is something in the spotty breeding that actually dictates shape - I hadn't really thought about it until now...

Love you little man though, enjoy him x

shell1978

Visit site
Lovely horse!

I would have to agree with JM07......trotting in the top pic, and walking in the bottom pic!
smile.gif

Mid

i know he can gait, i'm just dumb and have never actually seen him do it! (i have been riding) yeah was probably walking :p he was going pretty fast though! the field's a bit of a bog at the moment (summer?!?!) so he could have been trying not to get his feet stuck...

Mid

and yeah, i knew the top one was trotting (even though now i look at it it isn't exactly co-ordinated
wink.gif
) but it was the bottom one that had me confused because he was actually going quite fast
smile.gif