I have been converted... hallelujah!

blitznbobs

Visit site
I have been resisting for some time but my dog made me do it ripping a hole in my favourite comfy grey breeches — (don’t worry he was given a good kicking)...

So wandering around the saddlers looking for a replacement pair of something comfy but proper to ride in and i bought a pair of riding tights...

OMG!

comfy or what? And they don’t look ridiculous (my worry I’m the wrong side of 40) either... who knew????

Ps before I get a lecture the thing about kicking the dog was a joke.... and, grammar police, please excuse me staring a sentence with a conjunctive...

dogatemysalad

Visit site
I only discovered them recently and I love them. Modern breeches are uncomfortable, they slide down and then compress my legs, so only wear them for riding, whereas riding tights are brilliant to wear all day.

Steerpike

Visit site
I can't remember the last time I wore proper jods, I may look daft in riding tights but they are so so comfortable!

Mule

Visit site
I have been resisting for some time but my dog made me do it ripping a hole in my favourite comfy grey breeches — (don’t worry he was given a good kicking)...

So wandering around the saddlers looking for a replacement pair of something comfy but proper to ride in and i bought a pair of riding tights...

OMG!

comfy or what? And they don’t look ridiculous (my worry I’m the wrong side of 40) either... who knew????

Ps before I get a lecture the thing about kicking the dog was a joke.... and, grammar police, please excuse me staring a sentence with a conjunctive...
I love them too. I'll never go back to jods/breeches. I even bought a pair in beige for competing.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Yes me too! and I am waaaay past 60 lol! I love the comfort and I am told by those I trust I don't look entirely ridiculous in them, dear God I hope my trust hasn't been misplaced :eek:

I hate to sound like that boring old ad about the American guy who liked the razors so much he bought the company - but truly I like them so much I am having some made for my own little online enterprise and in sizes for some of us more generously shaped ladies too. I dont see why we need to be built like a stick insect to enjoy a bit of comfort and fashion. :rolleyes:

meleeka

Visit site
I’d like to know why they are so bloomin expensive?! I haven’t got any because of the price so if anyone finds any reasonably priced online I’d be very grateful.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I hate being stuck to the saddle as well, and I've just bought eight pairs of £13 a pair cotton lycra jodhpurs from eBay and they are very comfortable and I don't feel like I look like I forgot to put my skirt on if I wear them to Tesco.

I used to be a Decathlon girl, but their new supply of basic jods are so flimsy they won't last a dozen washes, and they've changed them to sit lower at the waist as well :(

Bernster

Visit site
I like them too I used to think my breeches were comfy but I always choose the tights over breeches now. I’ve got the noble outfitters ones which are a bit thicker. The only downside was I found they moved about a bit and rode up during a xc lesson. I also have equetech ones but they are much lighter with no pockets so those are for warmer weather!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Are the Arion ones good?
I bought some noble outfitters which I love. Also bought some Mark Todd’s which I gave to my daughter!
They are absolutely the most comfortable things and particularly with the Noble outfitters ones I love the phone pocket for summer riding.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I tried to be converted, but it didn't work. I don't like anything that sticks my bum to the saddle! Hate sticky bum jodhpurs for the same reason!
I recently went for a wander round the huge Hope Saddlery store at Somerford. I asked the assistant at the checkout to direct me to some breeches without silicon sticky bits on, and she said that all the new season stuff from all their makes have silicon sticky bits, grr. It's the new must-have craze, apparently.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Why do they put sticky knee patches on? Don't your knees rub on the inside of the material?

I have very bony knees, I can't imagine riding in a single skin of nylon/Lycra without being rubbed raw.

Sukistokes2

Visit site
Not sure I can be converted, being fat and old , do they not ride up your leg. They look good on the thin model. I like my Horze cresendos , I dont look like a blob in them

Hollychops

Visit site
Riding tights are next on my list. I forgive the conjunctive thingy cos i dont know what one is. Your post looked fine to me (even the dog kicking bit. but then again i didnt instantly think it was a genuine kicking) :)