I have found my XC machine!

seabiscuit

Visit site
Was supposed to be just having a quiet hack today with Cheeko but we managed to find a way onto the next door UK Chasers XC course, decided it really would be a good idea to jump some fences on him before draghunting tomorrow ! ( as have not really jumped him much yet!)
Had no idea how he would react as he has only hurdled. But boy he flew everything, really took me into the fences and just soared did not touch a thing! Then we came up to this combination /step thing..did not know what he was going to do as he has never seen two fences close together let alone a 3 foot drop, then two strides to an upright, then turn left to jump up a large step..then 2 strides to a 3 foot log pile on a dogleg. Well there was not a moments hesitation- he just flew through the lot of them! As though he had been doing it all his life. I left it at that and he was quite annoyed he wanted to do more!
It was a bit *hurried*! but we felt completly safe and he totally knew what he was doing with his legs and met everything on a great stride.

Was such a treat, its a long long time since Ive done some XC and it felt that good. He really felt as though he would go and do a straightforward PN course tomorrow. Just got to sort out the canter as there is no way we would be able to get round a showjumping course at the mo!

seabiscuit

Visit site
I know- I thought, this is the best christmas present I could ever have!! What a lovely christmas present to have from your horse, it is so nice when they give you something back for a change,LOL!!
Am hoping to get lots of pictures of the draghunting tomorrow! somehow!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Oh brilliant!! You're so brave (or possibly a bit mad!) to do XC!! Don't forget that if I ever take PF back to the UK you're going to event her!
smile.gif
smile.gif

seabiscuit

Visit site
Hahaha I know it was a bit of a mad moment! totally a last minute decision- but felt I could trust the horse!Cannot wait to take PF eventing if she ever does come back over to the UK!! I think that she would be fab on XC too....
smile.gif

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
I have really missed my pony for that reason this year! I keep telling myself that Sovereign is going to be worth the wait! It is a feeling like no other when you find your XC machine, I have been very lucky to ride some excellent ponies and horses XC. *Give me a midwinter addrenalin rush* please!
grin.gif

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
' Found ' your way onto a UK Chasers course, eh? Wish I was with you. Our local one is miles away. Had to settle for a hack up the road today. Can get to the beach in the lorry in twenty five minutes but it's three hours of a job, start to finish, so no time today. Sounds like you had a brill time and I'm so pleased Cheeko is showing promise.