I have owned my old mare for 20 years today...!

HashRouge

Visit site
How crazy is that!? I still remember the day she arrived and it feels like yesterday. I was only 11, so she was my trusty companion through all sorts of youthful adventures! She's 28 now but still an absolute princess, she's a real superstar.

This was her last September meeting her new field mate:
IMG_20200912_170736.jpg

And about 12 years ago, when she still had a dark mane and tail:

54834_10151090169851432_397716581_o.jpg

And the first winter I had her, look how dark she was!

12227235_10153077320571432_473704403188629091_n.jpg

Follysmum

Visit site
Wonderful congratulations
All mine are with us for life
Longest is our 22yr old we picked at 6 days old. So rewarding to get them to a good age and still be healthy and happy

Cocorules

Visit site
Congratulations and lucky pony.

Reminds me of my first pony. Got her when she was 5 and I was 12. She had lovely dapples then. She passed away when I was 32 and she was 25. Fab pony and I bred the love of my life from her who I was lucky enough to have until she was 28 and I owned her from when I was 19 until I was 48.

Antw23uk

Visit site
What a fabulous post :)

My lot are lucky if they last a year or two with me before i throw in the towel and 'give up' horses ... only to get something again 6 months or a year later because i realise i have nothing else to talk about if its not horsey related! One lasted three months but to be fair she had tried to kill me several times within that time so it was never going to work!

The horse in my avatar is a year in ... he's on thin ice, lol!

Annagain

Visit site
Wonderful. It's so lovely when you grow up together. I started riding my old boy when we were both 13 and lost him 3 days before my 27th birthday and 6 weeks before his. He was my proper heart horse and I'm sure a huge part of it was because he was there for it all - first boyfriend, first break up, exams, mucking out with my first hangover, my 18th (my family go big on 18th birthdays so there was a big party. My grandmother was flapping with the preparations and doing my head in so I ran out of the house and went to sit with him for an hour to get some peace!) leaving him behind to go to uni, eating spaghetti on toast for months so I could afford him and to buy a house when I got my first job. I've had Archie (and Monty sort of) for longer now but, adore them as I do, it's just not the same. I got married 2 years after losing Eb. I always planned to have him there but I didn't feel the same about Archie being there - although I would absolutely have him there now!