I Just Want A Plain Coloured Rug!

Visit site
I am trying to find GrayMo a new heavyweight +300g turnout rug for winter and I don't want stupid colours or patterns and I don't want to spend a months rent on one! Why does no one make them in black, blue, dark green or burgundy any more without stupid coloured piping or stripes or patterns etc!?!?!?! Whilst Gray himself isn't a rug wrecker some of his pals are!

And no! Don't even begin to suggest premier equine rugs or I will ban you frpm this galaxy!!!!!!!

jsprince

Visit site
Try owning a heavy horse. I don't get a choice of colour and there is never pattern. We use Ruggles. I only choose size...but then again, I never let him wear rugs anyway.
OrangeandLemon
The good thing about heavy horses mine are Percheron is that you can normally find cheap 7ft 7ft3 rugs as know one wants them, especially just rain sheets in Winter that mine where just to keep the mud off so they can be driven. ?

lannerch

Visit site
I am trying to find GrayMo a new heavyweight +300g turnout rug for winter and I don't want stupid colours or patterns and I don't want to spend a months rent on one! Why does no one make them in black, blue, dark green or burgundy any more without stupid coloured piping or stripes or patterns etc!?!?!?! Whilst Gray himself isn't a rug wrecker some of his pals are!

And no! Don't even begin to suggest premier equine rugs or I will ban you frpm this galaxy!!!!!!!
I need banning from this galaxy love my PE although they are excellent quality although admittedly the turnouts are heavy but one I have is still going strong it’s faded but still 100% waterproof and over 10 years old. Also have a lovely lightweight ( so wrong weight but they do do others ) 1200d from eBay Lite Horse Turnout Rug 1200 Denier **Fleece Lining** Teflon Coated Brown , really good quality but only a few sizes left so probably no help there either Ban me forever!

Last edited:
Visit site
I need banning from this galaxy love my PE although they are excellent quality although admittedly the turnouts are heavy but one I have is still going strong it’s faded but still 100% waterproof and over 10 years old. Also have a lovely lightweight ( so wrong weight but they do do others ) 1200d from eBay Lite Horse Turnout Rug 1200 Denier **Fleece Lining** Teflon Coated Brown , really good quality but only a few sizes left so probably no help there either Ban me forever!

I weighed a 250g PE rug the other day, a year old, only used for a few hours a day in winter and it had been out in normal rain. It weighed just over 2stone. I weighed one of their first generations of the 450g when they first came out when wet. Nearly 3stone. I won't be putting on of them on my horse thank you very much. Plus the quality is awful and prices even worse these days.

Reactions: TPO
Visit site
What size is he?

6'6" I bought him a 400g Swish navy blue one in the end last night. Then I woke up this morning and realised he won't be needing it for a while so may need to find another one for the inbetween ??? for someone that hoards rugs I don't have any for him just now ? Shetlands - any size, any weight, indoor, outdoor you name it. My tb? Nope! ?

lannerch

Visit site
I weighed a 250g PE rug the other day, a year old, only used for a few hours a day in winter and it had been out in normal rain. It weighed just over 2stone. I weighed one of their first generations of the 450g when they first came out when wet. Nearly 3stone. I won't be putting on of them on my horse thank you very much. Plus the quality is awful and prices even worse these days.
Lol my dressing gown makes me half a stone heavier but it’s lovely and cosy to wear ?

Visit site
Lol my dressing gown makes me half a stone heavier but it’s lovely and cosy to wear ?

Difference is you can take it off when you want, sit down to relieve the weight of it etc. A horse can't do that - or isn't supposed to remove them themselves! So I don't fancy my horse having to lump around 2-3 stone of dead weight all day every day.

lannerch

Visit site
Difference is you can take it off when you want, sit down to relieve the weight of it etc. A horse can't do that - or isn't supposed to remove them themselves! So I don't fancy my horse having to lump around 2-3 stone of dead weight all day every day.
But I never want to take it off it’s so cosy and warm .
my boy looks happy enough in his over 10 year old rug to

Attachments

• BB90FC0C-18EB-440D-BEA0-56709839E845.jpeg
    BB90FC0C-18EB-440D-BEA0-56709839E845.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 6