I Just Want To Sit Down & Cry

ebonyallen

Visit site
Not been on the forum for the past two weeks, had a horrid virus and not been up to much else apart from looking after Ebony. My mum has cancer and because of the virus have not been able to see my parents for past two weeks in case I infect her.
Today I get Ebony in and she has managed to rip out half her heel and surounding area out, the wound is very deep so I called the vet. They had to cut some of it away and then stich the wound, but have warned me that they think that it will split again and if it does she will have to be put in plaster. She will be on box rest for a least a month & we will just have to wait & see. The best news was in just missed the tendon, so I must look on the bright side. After she fractured her leg 6 years ago it has taken all this time to try to get her used to vets again, and now they are going to be the horrid monsters who just seem to hurt her. We have been through so much together & just as things were starting to go really well with our lessons \ hacking & now everything goes back on hold & I just want to sit down and cry I want my mum, but still can not see her because I am not fully better yet so feeling very low and very sorry for myself, thanks for taking the time to read, just wanted to tell some one and get it off my chest.

Orangehorse

Visit site
Oh, very sorry to hear this, poor you. Hope you soon feel better and Ebony's wound heals well.

Sorry to hear about your Mum too, what a time for you. Hugs and more hugs.

Piccy

Visit site
Have a massive hug, I feel for you been there with the mum and cancer and not being able to go near when unwell myself, stay strong it's good she missed the tendon wish I could offer more support, you will get through you always come across as such a strong person.

Spiritedly

Visit site
Awww you're having a real crap time aren't you :( Has your mum got the internet and a webcam? I know it's not the same but it's something. Make sure you get lots of Ebony cuddles and I'm sure she won't mind you crying in her mane. If you need a chat I'm here.x In the mean time (((((hugs)))))

dafthoss

Visit site
Give your mum a ring or get skype, its not the same as sitting with her but you can chat and tell her all about it. Fingers crossed for ebony shes a cleaver girl so hopefully she will be careful with her injured leg to give it time to heal then you will be back on track before you know it :)

pugsandponies

Visit site
Sorry to hear you're having a bad time! Try to look on the bright side in that if her tendon was affected it could have been much worse. Sending my very best wishes and positive vibes X

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Oh what a pain! Poor you hugs all round.

One thing you know for sure is that you and Ebony are fighters and pull through things...xx

I agree - get on the phone to your mum..xx

Marydoll

Visit site
Aw im sorry to hear that, the viruses that are around just now are horrible, you did the right thing staying away from your mum, although its probably been hard on you both, you must be turning the corner from it now hopefully.
Have a bloody good howl if you want, its better than holding it in
Poor Ebony, and how awful for you, please, can i just tell you something similar happened to my friends horse, she got the bottom strand of a wire fence caught under her shoe and practically sliced the bulb of her heel off, she couldnt get it stitched, it took a few months to heal, and the areas skin was thin after that, so she wore an over reach boot for protection but she made a full recovery and she went on to ride her for many years, it might be a wee while, but im hopeful Ebony will be okay.
((((((( hugs ))))))))

MochaDun

Visit site
That's a tough old time you are having. Big hugs and all good vibes for Ebony's heel not splitting again and that you are soon well enough to go and hug your Mum x

nikicb

www.facebook.com
You poor poor thing. There are truly some horrible viruses around at the moment. I've just got over one which has been dragging on for weeks and there's no way your dear mum would be wanting to get one like that. I always notice your posts for two reasons. Firstly you are amazing - the things you and Ebony have been through would be too much for most of us to deal with, but you get through. And secondly my first pony was called Ebony, and he was a lovely black beastie as well. Lots of hugs and positive vibes that she will be ok, that you start feeling better/happier and your mum responds to her treatment. xxxxx

Dottie

Visit site
Bigs hugs, chocolate and polos to you and Ebony. Once you hit bottom, the only way is up. Chin up Hun, you'll get through this. Xxx

Tiffany

Visit site
((((hugs)))) for you, your mum and Ebony

Really hope you are soon well enough to see your parents and like you said at least no tendon damage with Ebony so before you know it you'll be back having your lessons :)

RoobyDoobs

Visit site
Big hugs to you :(

Have a good old cry, then phone your mom... Have a good old chinwag, and tell her you'll see her in a few days... It'll pass quickly and before you know it you'll be sat with her havin a cuppa and a natter about ebony... Putting the world to rights xxx

skydy

Visit site
Oh my dear, hugs and best wishes. At times like this when everything is overwhelmingly difficult, try to remember that things will get better in time.

Until that time, hang on, try to count your blessings, and know that you have people who are wishing you, your mum and your horse all the best.

Kenzo

Visit site
Sorry to read that, life can be very testing at times, if its not one thing its another, have a good cry if you need to, no good letting things build up, but things will seem slightly better day by day, wishing you all well x