I know they're popular but how much is my young mare worth please ?

zandp

Visit site
I may have to sell her and was hoping to canvas some opinions.

She's QH/TB, about 14.3/15hh, rising 5. She was backed last summer and it was all going very well until I fell off and injured myself (my fault totally, not hers). She's seen all sorts of traffic as has been regularly walked around the lanes and fields.

Loads and does farrier visits with no problem. Haven't tried clipping her (she's lived out for most of this winter, being stabled again since 30 December.

Am starting to slowly bring her back into work now with in hand hacks around the place. Once she's fitter I'll reintroduce long lining and then get back on.

I've probably missed loads of information, never done this before and I've come over all emotional just thinking about not having her around.

So how much is a slowly brought on leopard spotted rising 5 year old mare worth who's being brought back into work currently after being turned away ? There's a small pic of her in my avatar, I don't currently have any other pics on this pc but am trying to get some on later so I can upload some.

tedster

Visit site
Im not sure but she sounds lovely

Maybe between £2000-£3000
smile.gif

millitiger

Visit site
until she is back under saddle, not a lot i'm afraid.

her colour is a bonus but her breeding makes her a bit of a niche market.

was she ridden again after you fell off last year?

atm, i would say she's worth around £1200-1500 IF she has nice conformation and paces.

under saddle, hacking out and w/t/c should be £2-3k again depending on looks/ paces.

zandp

Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

She was ridden again briefly. We had walk and trot established on the lunge with a rider and walk and steering off the lunge with a rider before I fell off.

I knackered my cocyx but a friend popped back on a few times just to make sure she was ok with a rider.

I had thought in the region of £1500.

Laurenm01

Visit site
Her colourings would add value but due to ''climate'' I have found so many horses with alot more under their girth so to speak for £900 or £1250 including tack.

Could you maybe hold onto to her until spring/summer and continue with education?

zandp

Visit site
I'd love to keep her forever tbh, we have such a bond and so quickly.

Spoke to a friend at the yard who's an instructor to ask his opinion about some local places for her to go to continue her education. He was a great help and this morning popped over to ask me if I'd be happy if he were to educate her for me when it's a bit lighter after work.

So current plan is for me to get her fit and longlining and reintroduce tack etc, then he'll pop on and get her paces established under saddle and get her out hacking.

Then situation can be reassessed but if I do have to sell her she'll be more educated.

Of course what is bound to happen that he'll get her going wonderfully, I'll really enjoy riding/hacking her and the it'll be even harder to sell.