I love lorry driving

parsley

Visit site
I have spent a lovley day getting used to driving a lorry (no horses yet) - its FUN! I even managed to put some diesel in it (that wasn't so much fun - very expensive) after squezzing into two petrol stations, only to find that they hadn't got any diesel
mad.gif
). Still, I clipped the pump at one of them so that will show them!¬
grin.gif
I am sure it will become boring very soon though - its a bit slow.

Have just spent a happy couple of hours planning shows for every weeken between now and end of Sept!

A completly me, me, me post but I am really pleased that I can drive the lorry - I will have to try with horses in it tommorow.

spooks

Visit site
glad your getting to grips with it, the feeling of freedom is great! where are you planning to go showwise then? have the jays got anymore this year ? we've got our big lad back now and want to get him out some more.

Visit site
Lorry driving is cool what you need is to get yourself a CB then you can join in the fun with other truckers.
Pedal to the metal with a big 10,4 little beaver.
grin.gif

Saf

community.webshots.com
Totally agree love driving my lorry and even have had a few thoughts about career change
cool.gif

Its freedom to be able to go to shows etc glad you are enjoying it
wink.gif

parsley

Visit site
So far....

20 Aug - Gipping riding society (only 2 classes in the afternoon)
28 Aug - Finn Valley, Westerfield
2 Sept - Amateur showing society, Keystoe
3 Sept - Tostock (if pony is up to it)
Lavenham but need a schedule
17 Sept - Thornham Magna near Eye
23 Sept - The Jays
Gave up looking then but there are some shows in Oct. I have only sent entries for the first 3 - my son might refuse to go to anymore etc....

There is also a ride in Sept that I want to do.

Hopefully I will see you at some of them
cool.gif

parsley

Visit site
hmmmmmm I remember I used to love using CB but that was 33 years ago!!!!! I was the Happy Hippo. I think I might be a bit too old for it now AND the lorries steering has a bit of free play so I don't think one handed driving is an option
grin.gif

parsley

Visit site
I'm not sure I would want to do it full time - TBH it was knackering - I think that I was a bit tense at times
grin.gif

spooks

Visit site
mines alright once you get going, really notice the lack of power steering when turning the thing! i do find my knee hurts after a while of driving it so i dont venture to far , furthest ive been is when i took the boy off near ely when he went to be schooled. driving on the A14 was an experience im in no hurry to repeat either, ruddy great lorries thundering past !

will see us at lavenham and the jays..where do you get all these schedules from lol, not heard of half of those shows!
ill find the address for the L&DEC schedule for ya

parsley

Visit site
There are loads of schedules on horse dates

I have got the address for Lavenham thanks - I've just got to get around to sending it off
grin.gif

I reckon I am going to have muscles like popeye soon with that lorry - hauling it around without powersteering is hard work!

I really liked going on the A14 - everybody who was in a hurry could roar along as fast as they liked - on the other roads I was a bit concious that there was a massive queue behind me and my 40 mile and hour lorry
grin.gif

spooks

Visit site
dont worry about the queue behind you, i never do! it used to bother me as well but we have as much right to be on the road, more so seeing as we pay two lots of tax (if you have a car as well that is)
grin.gif
i actually got 50 mph out of mine when i went to get the boy on sunday, i was deaf afterwards mind tis very noisy in my cab!

allijudd

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I am sure it will become boring very soon though - its a bit slow.

[/ QUOTE ]

use the pumps at main petrol stations..usually they have seperate one for hgvs which pump the deisel faster....!

good .luck and have fun with the lorry......