I love my new pony!

_jetset_

Visit site
Grace has only ever been in the school with the lights on once (take your mind back to the broncking pony post), so tonight was a little test of how far we have come in just over two weeks.

Remember when she came to me she had not been ridden for 12 months after being backed as a 4 year old.

Tonight there were shadows (ooo, might eat her), fireworks (tucked her bottom up) and another horse in the school. But, I still wanted to work her. We started off lunging her for 10 minutes (and it was so cold) and she was a bit on her toes and spooky.

When I got on her we had a mini fight (she tends to nap a little towards the gate so wanted to get her walking past it and then trotting past it). Eventually got some really nice work from her and finished on a good note with her accepting the contact on the bridle (side reins were baggy and at no time did she put pressure on them so thinking of taking them off tomorrow night)...

What do you think?

Grace19-10-06026.jpg

Grace19-10-06023.jpg

Grace19-10-06022.jpg

Sorry for lighting!

_jetset_

Visit site
The turnout situation is much better now... she is very settled and although she keeps getting a few kicks (mostly from my pregnant and hormonal mare) she has been accepted into the group.

I feel as though we are really getting somewhere now!

_jetset_

Visit site
I am so pleased with her progress because she seems to learn quite quickly (dismissing thoughts of her being quite dense which I had at first). I think we are going to enjoy learning together.

How's your boy doing?