I love my youngster

Theresa_F

Visit site
First time on my new trailer Saturday - walks straight in - it is a small trailer and I did wonder how he would find it. He has to come out backwards - waits until I tell him to move, and then out in a very controlled fashion.

Went to a show yesterday with no assistance. Chancer was very well behaved - did well and placed every class.

Walks straight in. On arriving, I undo the back, walk round untie him and he again waits for the move back command. On going home, he was halfway in the trailer - still tied up when the ramp came down. Stood quietly with a net by the trailer from 8 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon apart from doing his classes. I have to keep remembering that he was only 2 last month. He enjoyed his reward of a can of diet coke with lime and a hot cross bun - his favorites.

Sorry, self indulgent but after years of bad loaders and scatty beasts it was so nice to be able to go to a show by myself and have no problems other than keeping him clean.

ruscara

Visit site
What a good boy! He obviously feels happy and secure with you. I am glad you had a good day with no stress.
smile.gif

Theresa_F

Visit site
Do you know which issue - we were in - have to get a copy - we were in the other local one Equestrian????.

Yes he is a sweetie - I am so pleased I bought him - do sometimes wonder what the mare I went to buy would have been like, but have never regretted coming home with something that apart from the breed was totally opposite to what I went to buy.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com

Chancer is an absolute star, no wonder you are so proud of him!

I know what you mean about bad loaders, we have had our fair share, and I have to admit it's lovely having Otto who walks straight in no hassle (even though I have to admit to being a bad loader myself so my sister always loads him for me!).

Happytohack

Visit site
What a superstar - and what a lifetime of fun you and he are going to have together. (love the can of diet coke & bun bit...)

JAK

Visit site
That's marvellous Theresa - Chancer really is a little star!
smile.gif

Did you manage to keep the grubby little oik clean for the entire day then? LOL

Theresa_F

Visit site
Believe or not yes - apart from the usual wiping off of dust and hay before the classes - and he drinks his can of coke in a very dainty manner so it doesn't go everywhere.

Roll on winter and he will be back to his little stinky self no doubt.

I also treated him to a smart new leather headcollar and day rug so he looks the part at the Amature Showing Society champs next month.