I may owe Dizzy an apology...

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Had the back man out today, as Dizzy's tantrum two days ago was out of character - I know she can have her moments, but she's not that bad!

Well. Where do I start
blush.gif
. Basically, between her teeth, her lack of weight, her condition, her non-existant topline, and her pelvis, m'horse is in a right state
frown.gif

I have to work her in the Pessoa every other day, and ride her twice a week (walk only for now, then introduce trot work - no cantering at all for six weeks). I also have to get daughter on her in the school so's I can see how she's going from the ground (daughter is ecstatic!). Oh, also have to discuss with farrier putting on hind shoes with external extensions (not too big as Dizz will double barrel other neds), the aim being to help her hocks, which are her weakest points.

Ho hum.

Dentist is due tomorrow morning. I await his comments with interest...
blush.gif

I will, by hook or by crook, get my ned right
grin.gif

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
aah poor dizzy..........

I find it really interesting being able to watch how frank moves from the ground. have been studying pics from last weekend to check that shoulder and given the pics of the medium trot I think it is fine! and your daughter will enjoy it too.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
aah poor dizzy..........

I find it really interesting being able to watch how frank moves from the ground. have been studying pics from last weekend to check that shoulder and given the pics of the medium trot I think it is fine! and your daughter will enjoy it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Ester
grin.gif
. Daughter is still grinning lol. It will be good, for all of us really - me so's I can see how she goes; daughter 'cos Dizz is closer in height to what she 'should' be riding (purely in terms of leg lenth); and Dizz 'cos I'm the only person who rides her and it will be of benefit for her to feel the difference.

scotsmare

www.creativewritingforaliving.co.uk
Oh C if it's not one thing it's another!!
crazy.gif

At least you have a point to work to now and I suppose in the greater scheme of things if working her over her back will either help her get better or show that things are getting worse. (That was cheery wasn't it
blush.gif
)

Hopefully her weight will pick up over the next few weeks too
smile.gif

Fingers crossed for you hun x

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Ta hun
smile.gif
. Lol, she's already looking heaps better than she was - if he'd seen her a week or two ago...
blush.gif

Back man reckons that once her teeth are done and she can chew again properly, then she should start to put on the weight. He said her teeth might be bad enough for power tools! They were only done July or August last year
blush.gif
. We've waited three weeks or so for this dentist, but he is very, very good, so whilst the wait was not ideal (once numpty me saw that she was dribbling food, and she'd started grabbing the bit), everything crossed she will start to pick up...

teddyt

Visit site
Sounds an expensive time for you at the moment! Hope your neighbours dont think youre having an affair, all these men turning up.
smile.gif
Or worse, if they are seen leaving, clutching money.
blush.gif
grin.gif

Im sure dizzy appreciates all your efforts, she should do!

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
ROFLMAO TT - paying lots would be the only way I'd get their interest at the moment
blush.gif
cool.gif

...it'll be the saddler just as soon as I can get him...
grin.gif

Hm. I think Dizzy would much prefer to be left happily munching in a field. Ah well. At least her teeth being done will help on that front
wink.gif
grin.gif

I work on the basis that, as long as she still comes when I call, then we're both happy
grin.gif
cool.gif

MilosDad

Visit site
Sympathies from the newly horsey. I'm going down a similar route with Milo but with the same determination. You are far more experienced than I just dont let the nay sayers put you off.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Ta MD
grin.gif

We bobble along. Luckily I have yet to meet any grots in terms of m'hoss and my attempted management of her
grin.gif

Determination will get you there; that and smiling sweetly when someone is talking bo!!ocks
grin.gif
cool.gif

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
Blimey!!
shocked.gif
Well Dizzy will certainly have had the full service and mot by the time you have finished!!
crazy.gif
Still at least then you will know for sure if she is being a g*t rather than in any pain etc.

My one brain celled idiot has no such excuse - absolutely nothing wrong with him - just being a g*t!!
wink.gif
crazy.gif

Onwards and upwards
smile.gif
.....(my boy is faiing to grasp the onwards for the moment but is doing upwards quite well....
wink.gif
crazy.gif
tongue.gif
)

diggerbez

Visit site
gosh mrs m...i would just like to say that i am so amazed at how cheerful and positive you always seem to be about dizzy and her various problems....
smile.gif
i think its wonderful and a breath of fresh air as most people would be going on and on about how unlucky they were etc etc...i'm sure your PMA and pots of cash (
wink.gif
) will get her sorted in the end!
grin.gif

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Blimey!!
shocked.gif
Well Dizzy will certainly have had the full service and mot by the time you have finished!!
crazy.gif
Still at least then you will know for sure if she is being a g*t rather than in any pain etc.

My one brain celled idiot has no such excuse - absolutely nothing wrong with him - just being a g*t!!
wink.gif
crazy.gif

Onwards and upwards
smile.gif
.....(my boy is faiing to grasp the onwards for the moment but is doing upwards quite well....
wink.gif
crazy.gif
tongue.gif
)

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I'm wondering whether to have her psychoanalysed as well, just to be on the safe side
wink.gif
grin.gif

Upwards is always in interesting; that's why I like the full, long mane and the competition breastplate
cool.gif

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
gosh mrs m...i would just like to say that i am so amazed at how cheerful and positive you always seem to be about dizzy and her various problems....
smile.gif
i think its wonderful and a breath of fresh air as most people would be going on and on about how unlucky they were etc etc...i'm sure your PMA and pots of cash (
wink.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, is one of the first signs of insanity, the inability to acknowledge that one is barking up a tree
grin.gif
. As to 'pots of cash', roflmao. I've heard that beans on toast fulfill most of the basics of dietary requiements. Hey ho.
grin.gif

diggerbez

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
smile.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, is one of the first signs of insanity, the inability to acknowledge that one is barking up a tree
grin.gif
. As to 'pots of cash', roflmao. I've heard that beans on toast fulfill most of the basics of dietary requiements. Hey ho.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

oh definitely. plenty of fibre in there! are baked beans a vegetable? if so...then one of your 5 a day!

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
smile.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

oh definitely. plenty of fibre in there! are baked beans a vegetable? if so...then one of your 5 a day!

[/ QUOTE ]

If I have five, is that five of my five a day?
cool.gif
grin.gif

lensmith7

Visit site
Oh blimey Mrs M if it's not one thing it's another!

Thing like this really get on my wotsits though.

I dont understand why people like us who care and look after our horses have the problems, after problems, and the ones that barely know what their ned looks like, seem to bob along happily for years upon years,.

Life eh? Humph! x x