I "might" be doing something naughty tomorrow . . .

JFTDWS

Visit site
I always say there's no point in doing anything unless someone, somewhere would really rather you weren't...

So rock on ;)

PollyP99

Visit site
I'm hoping you've sold your kids and run off with Aidan Turner (poldark) on horse back across the Cornish cliff tops!

PolarSkye

Visit site
Ha ha ha ha . . . soooo not as exciting as running off with Aiden Turner . . . although I'd sell my soul for his horse too.

No . . . I rode a pony . . . well, more a 17.3hh moose of a mare (a lovely moose). First time swinging my leg over since I lost Pops. I am looking, but I need some saddle time before I go try horses and her (very kind) owner is desperate for someone to give her some exercise.

I won't lie . . . 'twas a tad emotional . . . doesn't help that she's grey . . . but it was my first day properly ponying since I lost the boy. I spent ALL day at the yard . . . gave Marge (great name, isn't it :)) a good groom, rode, pampered her some more and then helped my trainer get her competition horse ready (she's going out at Advanced Medium this evening). We cleaned tack, polished him until he was (very) shiny, loaded the lorry, etc. It was almost like old times.

Getting back on her tomorrow (assuming I can walk - I am SO unfit).

I reckon a couple of months of Marge-ing will get me fit enough to not look an idiot when I go try ponies for myself. Marge is the "bridge" if you like . . . my enormous therapy partner. She's awfully sweet and very forgiving (thank God, I was very wobbly up there to start with), but she has the comfiest trot - I could sit to that allllllll day.

So not THAT exciting, but I did feel like I was doing something a bit subversive sitting on another horse, i.e., not Kali.

I still miss the bones of him . . . as those of you who are friends with me on FB can attest - you must be sick of seeing pictures of him on my timeline . . . and no horse will EVER replace him, but I do need a horsey friend to get me from him to the next one . . . and that's Marge. Bless her.

P

View

Visit site
Aw, I seem to have something in my eye.

They are such wonderful, compassionate companions aren't they.

Good for you. You will always treasure your memories of Kali, but another horse is out there waiting for you when the time is right.

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
Ha ha ha ha . . . soooo not as exciting as running off with Aiden Turner . . . although I'd sell my soul for his horse too.

No . . . I rode a pony . . . well, more a 17.3hh moose of a mare (a lovely moose). First time swinging my leg over since I lost Pops. I am looking, but I need some saddle time before I go try horses and her (very kind) owner is desperate for someone to give her some exercise.

I won't lie . . . 'twas a tad emotional . . . doesn't help that she's grey . . . but it was my first day properly ponying since I lost the boy. I spent ALL day at the yard . . . gave Marge (great name, isn't it :)) a good groom, rode, pampered her some more and then helped my trainer get her competition horse ready (she's going out at Advanced Medium this evening). We cleaned tack, polished him until he was (very) shiny, loaded the lorry, etc. It was almost like old times.

Getting back on her tomorrow (assuming I can walk - I am SO unfit).

I reckon a couple of months of Marge-ing will get me fit enough to not look an idiot when I go try ponies for myself. Marge is the "bridge" if you like . . . my enormous therapy partner. She's awfully sweet and very forgiving (thank God, I was very wobbly up there to start with), but she has the comfiest trot - I could sit to that allllllll day.

So not THAT exciting, but I did feel like I was doing something a bit subversive sitting on another horse, i.e., not Kali.

I still miss the bones of him . . . as those of you who are friends with me on FB can attest - you must be sick of seeing pictures of him on my timeline . . . and no horse will EVER replace him, but I do need a horsey friend to get me from him to the next one . . . and that's Marge. Bless her.

P

This is where the 'like' button is inadequate.

PolarSkye

Visit site
Aw, I seem to have something in my eye.

They are such wonderful, compassionate companions aren't they.

Good for you. You will always treasure your memories of Kali, but another horse is out there waiting for you when the time is right.

She is a very lovely girl - patient, kind, willing, honest . . . and so forgiving and polite. She's the polar opposite of Kal in many ways . . . he was quirky, sharp, opinionated, temperamental . . . and those characteristics made him who he was, and were the reasons I loved him so much and fought so hard to keep him well and happy. Marge is a tonic because of her lovely, gentle nature . . . and because she is so very different to him.

It was very odd grooming her today . . . she is so very different, in every way . . . I went into automatic pilot until she reminded me that she wasn't "him" . . . it was good for me.

I'm very grateful to her owner for letting me play with her lovely girl.

P

PolarSkye

Visit site
Aw, glad you had such a good day OP- well done for getting on board, I hope it helps you heal. X

She's such a lady . . . she can't help but make you feel good. Such a kind, gentle girl . . . so honest. Just what I need right now. Thank you :) x

P