I miss horse poo!

bex1984

Visit site
My pony is out on loan as I've recently had a baby. I'm really lucky that he's happy and well looked after, and I get to ride him every few weeks :)

BUT I really miss looking after a horse! I miss 6am at the yard in the freezing cold and the dark, and mucking out. And filling up haynets and wrapping pony up in a snuggly rug. And grooming and clipping and picking out feet.

I thought I'd be glad not to have a horse to look after over winter....but it turns out I am some sort of weirdo who likes being cold, tired and smelling of horse poo.

This is a totally pointless post but my OH is bored of the subject so has banned me from talking about it!!

Tash88

Visit site
I know exactly what you mean, I was looking forward to my horse coming in again for the winter so I would have to go to the yard early in the morning etc. But now after about a month a morning off at the weekend would be nice. At least you still get to ride your horse and he is being well-looked after. And I'm sure you're still tired enough with a new baby to look after!

Feathered

Visit site
Haha, me and my mum always say, you can tell a true horse person by the amount they talk about horse poo!

Apparently in some circles it's not an acceptable topic of conversation! Who knew?!