I must have THE most accident prone pony ever! :(

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
I am getting so frustrated with lukey of late, there's always something he's done, or been done to him. Got to the yard yesterday to find a horrible cut on his knee and loads of swelling, today swelling gone down significantly, but this time he's come in with 2 long, clean cuts to his quarters and a tear between his hind legs( think butt cheeks!). I just give up, I really do. He's JUST gone on 24/7 turnout but i'm tempted to bring him back in at night if this is what he's going to keep doing.
frown.gif
frown.gif

littlen

Visit site
Hi sleepingdragon,

My boy is the same. He is lowest in the pecking order in the herd and is being forever bitten, kicked and coming in with marks everywhere! I have tried everything but except wrapping him in cotton wool im at a loss!

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Hiya. Lukey is 3, so still very much a baby, so I don't know if it's him doing stupid things and getting into scrapes, or if the horses he's out with are telling him off when he gets a bit too Cheeky...all I want is for him to come up from the field injury free, surely that's not too much to ask! Lol

bailey14

Visit site
Gosh that sounds like how my previous horse Billy used to be, he was forever getting stuck in fencing, or cutting his legs. There used to be a horse at the yard who used to go staight through the barbed wire fencing to get to the greener fields next door. He never used to injure himself but instead would leave piles of wire all over the place where he broken through and all the horses who followed him would get caught in the trail. Billy even managed to park himself under an overhanging branch that had a real sharp dagger like branch on it and give himself a 4 inch cut to his withers. I've found that from teh six horses I've had the only ones that haven't got injured on the non warmbloods, the other four were/are just nightmares. Seems like warmbloods are just not field savvy, i think when they have been imported they come from places that never use barbed wire, hence they have no respect for it. If it is barbed wire your horse it getting cut on then I would suggest you move yards to somewhere decent with post and rail like I had to. x

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Hey
smile.gif
. i've been all over the field and cannot find any wire at all, which is why i'm so frustrated, because if you look at the wounds on his quarters they scream wire injury. *Whispers*...and lukey is a new forest so doesn't even have the dumbblood excuse! Lol x

welsh_mare

Second star to the right and straight on till morn
Visit site
My poor boy was being scanned today and one of the vets said, " have you got munchausen by proxy?, what do you do think i haven't seen the boys for a while and take a bat to Harvey?".

We see a vet about every 3-4 months, and even more now, as Harvey has damaged a tendon in his hock and is on restricted movement for the next 6 weeks until the next scan (keeping fingers tightly crossed!!!!).

I've only had him a year he has had more time off through injury than time being in work. Every time i go to the stables i think what now!.

Vicki_Krystal

vpequestrian.weebly.com
I have one to challenge that!

I have owned "vet bill" as he has been re named! for just over a fortnight!

He had the vet within 48 hours for a huge cut on his hock and since then has managed to -

Scrape his chest on the stable door
Cut his fetlock
Scraped his flanks
Has numerous bite on his neck etc.

You would be forgiven for thinking he is getting beaten up in the field!
He does however just stand there grazing while his field mates hang off his neck.

Doh

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Oh no! Poor 'Vet bill'! Lol silly buggers must be related, lukey always has something going on, usually his own fault, usually through his death wish style curiosity......*Sigh* x