I need a bit of advice => when to upgrade your horsebox?

flyingfeet

Visit site
So I've finally got my box completely sorted out and near enough how I like it, with a few minor gripes, like the lack of an onboard gennie means hair drier requires getting a suitcase one out.

Mine is a 2004, and not a "brand" per se

I am thinking about changing it for a branded one with all the bits I am missing on mine (basically the gennie, more storage and being lighter)

Is this nuts? I don't think I will have lost much in depreciation on mine, although not sure how good the market is. However I have now cleared the niggles, so will a new one mean more niggles to fix?

Also I am thinking of changing from one with no lockers in front of the horses, for one with narrow lockers in front of the horses. I'm not sure whether the horses will find this less comfy, as won't be able to put their heads down easily on long journeys.

This would be a younger box, and does require a hefty investment, but I can afford the repayments

So am I nuts? Is this a good time of year to change?

Is selling a circa £30k box easy secondhand?

Fourlegsgood

Visit site
..... if you have money burning a hole in your pocket the other option is to buy a nice horse? My motto is always have more expensive horses than your horsebox and not the other way around.