I need an arc

blitznbobs

Visit site
Ok that’s it I’ve had enough... I have been covered in mud for 5 months now and our bottom field is a swimming pond... complete with green slime that the dog seems to find magnetic ... what with storm Jorje on it’s way this weekend there doesn’t seem to be any respite... even my little safe cob is going nuts we had bucking and Farting on the lungs this am which is so not him ... I am thinkning of putting all the horses in boxes like tortoises and suggesting they hibernate until it stops f ing raining... that is all.

Charmer91

Visit site
I feel the same, I'm very lucky we have very good draining grazing even in all these storms (perks of being located on a fishery with overflow lakes!) but I am totally fed up with the mud, the horses going mental in heavy sideways rain and the ridiculous wind.
But I agree, I'd join the wait list for an arc!

dorsetladette

Visit site
I do have well draining sandy soil so not to much mud, but i'm sick of arriving at work looking like Wurzel Gummidge. Mud on my face, hay in my hair!! Its just exhausting. Ponies are miserable most of the time and there just isn't a lot I can do about it.

How many weeks till spring??

dorsetladette

Visit site
hats off to you lot. i am really fed up with the weather and dont have horses anymore but am fed up with 2 wet muddy dogs everyday:(:(

My friend has tiny jack russell crosses and walks them everyday in the forest. On the way back to the car she find a puddle so the can 'bottom out' and clean there undersides off a bit before they get in the car. She then dunks them in a trug of water (filled with hot before she went out, so warm ish) by the back door when she gets home. Its all become a bit of a PITA really.

dorsetladette

Visit site

One of mine has taken to licking my face while i'm tying haynets up, so i might get anyway with no mud on my face but there is likely to be pony slobber instead.

As others have said there are many much worse off than us and my heart goes out to them. My worst issue is sitting through meetings with hay in my bra!

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
It’s been so wet all day with more forecast tonight I have kept mine in tonight. The huge pile of haylage in a warm dry stable went down well and they didn’t seem at all fussed that they weren’t being rugged up to stand in a muddy field in the pouring rain again.

indie1282

Visit site
I'm in Cornwall and it's been quite an easy dry and mild winter here! My two WB's are out 24/7 and have only had lightweights on. They have been in at night when we had the storms as their field is on the top of a hill so when its wet and windy the hay cows away lol.

The last couple of weeks have been wet but although my gateway to the field is muddy, it doesn't come above my ankles and the rest if the 3 acre field is pretty dry with a good covering of grass ?

I've definitely had worse winters...

Chianti

Visit site
I'm in Cornwall and it's been quite an easy dry and mild winter here! My two WB's are out 24/7 and have only had lightweights on. They have been in at night when we had the storms as their field is on the top of a hill so when its wet and windy the hay cows away lol.

The last couple of weeks have been wet but although my gateway to the field is muddy, it doesn't come above my ankles and the rest if the 3 acre field is pretty dry with a good covering of grass ?

I've definitely had worse winters...

Lucky you- but perhaps not the most tactful of posts when many of us are up to our welly tops in wet mud.