I need healing vibes for Beans please

Thistle

Visit site
Last night Beans 'crashed' he'd had a walk with the others, then a bit later refused his tea (he loves his food) and went and lay in the cold long wet grass, almost comatose, I decided not to wait and see, his gums were very pale. Phoned vets (out of hours of course) and took him straight in. Vet also lives quite close so he was seen within 15 minutes.

All very odd, clearly in a huge amount of pain, all vitals on the borderline of normal, sore tummy and reluctance to extend his hips. Ran bloods, slightly anaemic. Vet was awesome, decided to keep him in for a scan. Spleen slightly enlarged. Put him on a drip which raised his blood pressure (it was very low) but also caused spleen to bleed more than it was. Monitored, decided to operate in the early hours, spleen ruptured, he lost a huge amount of blood. Large mass, but seems contained in spleen and no spread. Was very guarded last night as post op he wasn't great but he's had an ok night with his personal head nurse and is bright this morning and has been out for a pee, has a lick of gastro food and a small drink. They're keeping him in for now and hoping to discharge later this afternoon.

All this and today is my birthday!

Oh and we're having a new bathroom and I just noticed a wet patch on a downstairs ceiling, a joint has blowm, luckily the new floor hasn't gone in yet.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Sending loads of healing<<<<<<<vibes>>>>>>>>. Good job you were on the ball!
Of course it could have been worse, it could have happened on the Bank Holiday, not just OOH.;)

Hopefully, you will have a great birthday, as Beans starts his recovery at home.

Thistle

Visit site
Everything seems to happen on a bank holiday, its almost as if its inevitable. These animals save themselves for getting hurt/ill on a bank holiday, it is an uncanny thing really.

A few years ago I lost a horse to colic on a bank holiday. THAT was expensive!

Vet is doing a surgery on Saturday to make up for being closed for 2 days so hopefully his check up can be done then. He is insured, I just need to check the total amount covered and keep some in reserve as vet thinks that he also has terrible arthritis, he's only 7! And has been on Yumove for years.

Clodagh

Visit site
Oh wow such a sudden crash. Poor Beans. Thank goodness it happened in the day while you could see him. Fingers crossed for him.
I hope you can enjoy your birthday. X

Thistle

Visit site
Oh wow such a sudden crash. Poor Beans. Thank goodness it happened in the day while you could see him. Fingers crossed for him.
I hope you can enjoy your birthday. X

Vet thinks it had been enlarged for a while but started bleeding very slightly a few days ago (maybe after being crazy at the beach) but being an adrenaline fuelled springer he hid everything until he crashed. Very scary. I knew it was bad the way he shut down, I kept trying to reason with myself to wait and see but his pale gums told me that it was urgent. She said he would have certainly bled out and died overnight if I hadn't have brought him in!

Oh and Rob had been away and was on his way back from Madrid (work) so I was home alone too!

Bionic Boy

Visit site
Happy birthday.
I hope your boy makes a full recovery, sounds like, thanks to you, he had a lucky escape by you following your gut and getting him seen so quickly.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Get well {{{{{{Vibes}}}}}} to Bean. What a worry for you, large mass in spleen removed, and arthritis, at only 7, life really isn't fair sometimes.

Hope you get to enjoy your birthday a bit, between the bathroom trouble, and worry about Bean.

Thistle

Visit site
Get well {{{{{{Vibes}}}}}} to Bean. What a worry for you, large mass in spleen removed, and arthritis, at only 7, life really isn't fair sometimes.

Hope you get to enjoy your birthday a bit, between the bathroom trouble, and worry about Bean.

He had 3 surgeries between May 2020 and 2021, interdigital solid lump, fibrous with what seemed like matted hair inside the skin covered lump, grass seed that he swallowed and exited through his neck and anothe lump on a hind leg, sub dermal, sebaeceous that burst under the skin, got trapped and spread. All benign luckily. I often joke that he's a Friday dog, made out of spare parts at the end of the week. Both parents had health tests too. He's a real odd bod, I had to retire him from working as couldn't keep him sound but he still loves to train. We'll wait and see what the future brings but I know that he lives the best life he possibly could with us. He's a real quirky creature.

Thistle

Visit site
He's home! A bit dazed and confused, refusing to eat but has drunk this afternoon at vets. It would be ideal if I can get some wet food into him this evening but he's hydrated. Now just the long wait for biopsy. Wound and anaemia check on Saturday. Hoping he sleeps well tonight in his crate (this is the reason I crate train all my dogs, you never know when you'll need it!)