I need some adcie please!!

Dogbetty141

Visit site
I have one 16.1hh thoroughbreed horse he is a bit of a mardie but likes to be out all weather. Where I am at the moment there is no winter turnout or it is only an 1hr here and there.

I am looking for a field in the glossop derbyshire area in which i can either rent or buy. I would build stables on it (not Myself) and split it up but would my horse be able to stay out all summer and be brought in at night just in winter. Do you think my horse would be able to cope with this as he is always cold and mard but does like to be out.

Anyone have any ideas. Plus i need to find a companion too???

ladylisa

Visit site
horses should adjust really well to a change in how they are kept, so he should be ok with coming in at night.
I had a cob that when i bought him from a dealer he was told he would not stable yet at the dealers yard he was lucky to get out for a few hours every other day, he managed ok with it and i kept him in at night in the winter when i bought him.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I would deffinately get a companion, maybe some one to share the field and the work? Or how about a companion from one of the rescue centres?

Capriole

Visit site
mcuh easier and cheaper im sure, to look for a yard with turnout
smile.gif