I need to get a ball park figure of ponys worth

EmmasMummy

Visit site
So, looks like we need to sell E's pony. How would be the best way to get a price without having to pay someone to evaluate said pony? Also don't want to alert people that we are selling just yet. I have a local person in mind but no way I could get them to see pony without raising suspicion as they are a friend of YO.

FlyingCircus

Visit site
Why not just ask local person if they want pony?
Also, who cares if you're selling pony? You can say yes/no to people if they offer you money for him/her.

EmmasMummy

Visit site
I have been looking, found 2 that match for size the lasts few months. £500 diff in price both including full wardrobe. I just don't want to be selling for rock bottom - or basially selling a ponies wardrobe for m more than the pony.

Don't think local person will as pony is too small for their market.

honetpot

Visit site
If its a normal family pony I would have a look at PC classified, but be aware you are selling at the back of the year and after the clocks go back there is very little riding after school and a lot of mud coming so people may want a bargain.

EmmasMummy

Visit site
If its a normal family pony I would have a look at PC classified, but be aware you are selling at the back of the year and after the clocks go back there is very little riding after school and a lot of mud coming so people may want a bargain.

That is my fear. Its a catch 22 as need to get a fair amount so that it is actually work selling him, as if not would be as well loaning him out. Eithe way E is going to hate me. She is having issues at school and this beastie is her only constant, but unless she wants to live in a hostel it cant be any longer.

Shay

Visit site
It sounds like you have more issues than just how to value the pony. A forum isn't the place for advice like that - and I know you haven't asked! Loan might be better option right now. Partly because its not the best time of year to sell and partly so you might have an option if things improve. One mum to another... (((hugs)))

EmmasMummy

Visit site
It sounds like you have more issues than just how to value the pony. A forum isn't the place for advice like that - and I know you haven't asked! Loan might be better option right now. Partly because its not the best time of year to sell and partly so you might have an option if things improve. One mum to another... (((hugs)))

Yeah, have considered that. Just not sure that people would want a half finished pony. he needs work and I understand that people wont do that for a loan pony - and I fully understand why. DD will most likely be to big for him next year if she keeps growing at the rate she is and he is too green for DS.

Also whether we get to keep him boils down to whether a pony is a pet or livestock/asset under scottish law.

EmmasMummy

Visit site
According to the welfare act 2006 they're pets... Is this good or bad?

http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2006/10/13113744/1

well, depends if you can be forced to sell your pets for Debt Arrangement Schemes. I will find out tomorrow.

My grown up rational brain is saying to sell anything of any worth.

My mum brain is saying that DD will HATE me as I am selling the one thing that she feels happy around (currently having issues at school). So he is part normal pet, part counsellor.