i need to move. livery in south lanarkshire? :(

weesophz

www.facebook.com
see this thread for the previous info
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=617097

another 2 new horses arrived tonight just as i was going home. last straw. ive been there 8 years and feel like my loyalty has been forgotten for money and my horse is being bullied by all these new brutes.

look at the state of my boy :( thats the past 2 nights now i know hes had the utter crap beaten out of him. he wont let me touch the ones on his back end as theyre still quite fresh and stingy, i think his ribs are sore as when i even put slight pressure on he kicked out and winced away. not like him :(

some wee turd obviously going for the jugular here ^, my bets on the riggy one :mad::(

hes looking crap, i think hes actually lost weight from stressing so much, put him in a paddock for tonight but YO says its only for tonight as thats were the pregnant mare goes during the day.
was hoping to go to the same yard as emilieu as her horse and fox were pals and he knows another of the horses but her yard is full :(

can anyone suggest anywhere nice, and preferably quiet?

Last edited:

Gryfiss

Visit site
I would be vexed too, I know that's horses but when you only have the one and its precious its bloody annoying to say the least :(

Sprig

Visit site
Poor boy. I have not read your previous posts but I think it is definitely the right decision to move. Hope you manage to find somehwere. Maybe put an ad in local tack shops too as often that is how the smaller places are found.

shannonandtay

Visit site
Sorry I can't recommend yards but wanted to say I think you are doing the right img after reading your previous post. I know it's hard leaving a yard your used to and previously enjoyed but you can find somewhere else where you and your boy can be happy again. Did you go on the waiting list at the yard you wanted? Things can sometimes change overnight. Just wanted to wish you luck, don't let it get you down things have a way of working out.

weesophz

www.facebook.com
gryfiss its a nightmare :( he was just standing on his own not even eating when i went to bring him in, i thought he was happy there but looking at him tonight its not the case, these new horses and their owners are taking over and running the place into the ground.

thanks sprig, will make up an ad.

its only cuts today but could be a broken leg tomorrow and im not risking it

frozzy

Visit site
I suppose we would be too far from you, Just a couple of miles from the Ayrshire border On A76. I havnt ever really done livery but had a couple of friends keep their ponies with me until they got their own place. I have my own Welshies including a stallion who is a softie but obviously dosnt go out with others unless they want babies.! We have 24 acres in summer May to end of October and a couple of acres of turnout in winter. Sandschool quiet hacking with access to the hills.

Wundahorse

Visit site
Poor boy,and shame on the yard owners for not safeguarding your boy from his assailants.Surely they have a duty of care to the horses by putting the horses in compatible groups? Can understand why you want to leave when the YO does nothing to resolve the problem.Good luck,i cannot offer any advice re liveries as i am many miles away in the south east.

crabbymare

Visit site
It may be worth talking to the yard you want to go to and seeing if they could perhaps do grass livery until a box comes free and then let you move to whatever livery it is that you want. sometimes if yards know they will have a horse or 2 leaving over the summer they will try to help that way

weesophz

www.facebook.com
frozzy if i didnt have to rely on my parents to run me to the yard and back id seriously consider your offer :( it sounds quiet and ideal.

wundahorse i dont even think there would be much YO could do. if it were up to me the riggy one would be in a paddock and the mares and geldings would be separate, all these in season mares are making things 100x worse. new horses coming in and going for the mares that are with other geldings its just utter chaos.

crabbymare ill text my friend again and see if she can talk to the YO and find out how they do things there. it really would be perfect for me as its just walking distance from my house and my work.

just feeling miserable just now, feel like ive been chased out my second home :(

Tobiano

Visit site
oh gosh your poor boy! Some of those look really nasty and the YO should be doing something to prevent it. Hope you find somewhere to move him to. Even though it should be the attacker(s) that move. :mad:

weesophz

www.facebook.com
oh gosh your poor boy! Some of those look really nasty and the YO should be doing something to prevent it. Hope you find somewhere to move him to. Even though it should be the attacker(s) that move. :mad:

thats how i feel :(

when YOs wife was still alive there was a situation kind of similar. my last pony had been there for a year with no problems, another livery bought a used to be broodmare who went about teasing the boys and squirting at them. they said they caught my pony trying to mount her and demanded he was put in a paddock, but YOs wife put the mare in the paddock since she was causing the issue. i know she would have done the same thing here and put the rig in a paddock. i think YO is feeling overwhelmed tbh, but i cant have my boy at risk because of this.

frozzy

Visit site
Its horrible when your ned gets bullied. My farrier asked to keep his horse with us and after a few weeks I had to ask him to seperate it as it attacked an old horse. Herd dynamics need to be settled and its such a shame for your boy.
Good luck in your search.

weesophz

www.facebook.com
Its horrible when your ned gets bullied. My farrier asked to keep his horse with us and after a few weeks I had to ask him to seperate it as it attacked an old horse. Herd dynamics need to be settled and its such a shame for your boy.
Good luck in your search.

exactly, and this herd are never going to settle due to the constant coming and goings of all these horses. he must be so confused as it was so quiet for ages and now its absolute madness, he looks lost bless him. his windsuckings got worse and i cant even put his collar on thanks to the git that bit him right when it would go :(

sandi_84

Visit site
Oh poor Fox! :( Some of those look really nasty! It's obvious he's had a few proper attacks flung at him poor wee man! :(
Sorry sweetie no idea about yards down there but I really hope you get it sorted soon! xXx

weesophz

www.facebook.com
i feel so sorry for him sandi :( the girl who owns the riggy one is like "oh they all look like crap just now" no not one of hers had a mark on them, fox just chases them away, ive never seen him properly bite or kick another, he was the dominant gelding in the field before all the newbies so the ears back was always enough for them to move out his way, poor guys doesnt like fighting back hes a quiet old soul :( thanks doll xx

sandi_84

Visit site
i feel so sorry for him sandi :( the girl who owns the riggy one is like "oh they all look like crap just now" no not one of hers had a mark on them, fox just chases them away, ive never seen him properly bite or kick another, he was the dominant gelding in the field before all the newbies so the ears back was always enough for them to move out his way, poor guys doesnt like fighting back hes a quiet old soul :( thanks doll xx

You should tell her your's might look crap but mine looks like he's been attacked with a strimmer!
Actually that probably won't help but that's not a horse that's just looking a bit field worn, that's a horse that's been attacked and visciously in places :( I'd be raging! xXx

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
My gelding is a dominant riggy type that would take lumps out of others. I was quite prepared for him to be removed from the herd and just kiss over the fence, as if I were another livery, I wouldn't want him in with them and my horse was not happy as he was feeling threatened and challenged.

TBH my chap is also much happier himself when he doesn't have the others invading his space, he likes to groom over the fence, but not having them in his territory, He doesnt allow even a pheasant in!

So it's a shame the riggy owner isnt being more understanding and realistic, and nor is your YO (my YO didn't, as I didn't like the theory of separating a horse but they will eventually run out of victims willing to have their horse beaten into bits so it will become academic!)?

Good luck with finding a lovely new yard, TBH the YO should be sorting this out with riggy one either separated or going.

Jingleballs

Visit site
It's not EK but not far from it, what about Mid Drumloch?

There is also a yard in EK just behind the Sainsbury's did livery as I rode a friends horse there years ago.

Caol Ila

Visit site
I think I drive past the one BeauBear mentioned on my way to Emilieu's yard. They have a little outdoor arena and from what I've seen at 30mph, the horses look in good nick. I can have a wee nosy at it if you would like.

Am I right (recalling from your previous posts) that you don't drive, so you need one you can walk or take public transport to?

There are a lot of horses between East Kilbride and Strathaven, but anything there would probably be awkward to get to without a car.

Emilieu

Visit site
There is also a yard in EK just behind the Sainsbury's did livery as I rode a friends horse there years ago.

I think I drive past the one BeauBear mentioned on my way to Emilieu's yard. They have a little outdoor arena and from what I've seen at 30mph, the horses look in good nick. I can have a wee nosy at it if you would like.

This is the one I was calling Carol's Soph. I think Ashley and her mum kept the nutty coloured one there for a while, she might be able to tell you what it was like. I have her on Facey if you don't and can email her to ask if you like xx

ps - CI did you get my email?x

Merlin1979

Visit site
There is an advert on gumtree for livery in EK. Glad you are moving, it does not sound like things will change at current yard.

BlairandAzria

Visit site
Oh gosh I would be livid if that was my boy, poor thing some of those look nasty. Can't help with the yard, but wishing you every luck finding somewhere soon. X