I Ordered Something from Derby House...

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
...and it turned up! No hassle :D

Within a couple of days, and I had prior notification that it was on its way (the email was a tad confusing, but ne'er mind).

I've not risked buying anything from DH for a while now. Only went for this as it was an Exo body protector for £50! They are such brilliant bits of kit that I decided to take a punt on it :cool:

I'm always quick to say when things are pants. I hope I'm equally quick to say when things are good :D

BlairandAzria

Visit site
Well ive not been so lucky......my order of a bp/ coat and gloves has 1) not arrived 2) bp and coat have been cancelled as 'supplier doesnt make them anymore' 3) gloves are apparently out of stock now too (although i ordered 2 weeks ago, and according to the girl in store they sold the last pair yesterday:mad:)

I went to the store last night, and lo-and behold the bp i ordered on mega sale which they were 'unable to source as discontinued' was staring looking at me from a hanger.....tried it on fine...look at the price...and yep its full price. Call up dh online to be told that they had different stock control to the store.....she entered the product code, confirmed it was the same product i'd ordered, but she couldnt help. The manager in store was lovely, tried to help as much as possible, but she couldnt match the original online price. She basically said dont even bother waiting for the gloves because they wont arrive.....still not heard anything from dh online about it though.

To be honest the store looks like its closing down to me, layout changed, lots of dh products on sale, some really really old joddies they must have discovered in a dark corner somewhere in the warehouse (old style branding) on sale, I wonder if they are going to go to an online only business?

Its a real shame as i loved the store and have previously had a lot of sucess shopping from them....not this time though, very unimpressed im afraid.

Mrs M..how do you find the EXO? is it comfortable to wear? is it very heavy?

Bradsmum

Visit site
I ordered some wellies from them in a recent sale and loved them. Perfect fit. BUT within 2 months they had both split. I contacted Derby House and very quickly and with no fuss they gave me a refund. So really can't grumble.

What are we doing up at this time in the morning��

Last edited:

frannieuk

Visit site
I was less than impressed with the service for with a hat I ordered - apparently in stock, didn't turn up and was emailed it would dispatched the following day. Still no hat, and then told no stock again. Got an email 3 weeks after I ordered to say it would be another 2 weeks or so, but the hat turned up the following day. Not overly impressed but at least they were prompt at responding to emails.
It seems to be 50:50 whether you get your stuff easily or not, but it puts me off ordering unless the price is such that I'll take the chance!

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
i wont buy from DH. poor service. was lied to. fobbed off. order dragged on over 4 months. would have to cancel show if i had not switched to robinsons. ordered and got item 3 days

georgiegirl

Visit site
I ordered two collegiate weymouth bridles in the sale the other week. Said they had them in stock on the website. They went into the basket fine and my order was processed and paid for. A day or so later I got an email saying they were not in stock and they were cancelling my order.

Out of interest I went onto the derby house website yesterday and lo and behold in the full price bit is the collegiate weymouth bridle at full price and saying its ready to be shipped out. Now I'm pretty sure this must be illegal???? Can anyone help?

BlairandAzria

Visit site
I doubt there is anything that can be done about it to be honest. Sales can stop at any time, they can say they didnt have any at the time but now they do, same as the bargain bp i ordered which was showing in stock when i ordered it then cancelled because out of stock and discontinued, however the bp is sat looking at me in the wrightington store......at full price. Very suspect....i hope its more a case of incompetance rather than full on fraudualant intent.

georgiegirl

Visit site
Sounds as though you have had a similar experience blairandazria - the irritating thing is the bridle still appears even now on the sale section of the website!

When I used to work in retail the marked price of something always stood wether incorrect or not!

It all sounds a bit like 'bait and switch' selling techniques to be honest (which according to trading standards guidelines is illegal......)

meesha

Visit site
I ordered a pair of breeches reduced to 15 and gloves reduced to 7, arrived 3 days later and excellent quality, sounds like its pot luck !

tubby1

Visit site
I ordered boots & breeches this week & they both arrived yesterday no hassle. Must just depend on what you order.x

Capriole

Visit site
I never ever have any luck!

I gave up long ago, then saw a couple of things in the sale and thought id give it a chance, the things I wanted never turned up by I did get a couple of extra bits I added to my basket as an afterthought and ended up paying full postage for next to nothing. Thought never agiain till I saw another sale a while ago and ordered a bridle I needed quite urgently. Most of the bridle came in hardly any time at all :rolleyes: And right there was the start of what we in SFA called 'Bridlegate' :D
Im waiting for an item now that I ordered with some vouchers they gave me as a result and its been more than 2 weeks for an item that says 2-6 day delivery, and no-one has respnded to my email asking whats happening. Literally never again after I get my order.

Mind you I find Robinsons website awful too. Prices changing from the sale price to full when you choose your size/colour.

EQ and Rideaway you seem much more likely to get your stuff without hassle.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I never ever have any luck!

I gave up long ago, then saw a couple of things in the sale and thought id give it a chance, the things I wanted never turned up by I did get a couple of extra bits I added to my basket as an afterthought and ended up paying full postage for next to nothing. Thought never agiain till I saw another sale a while ago and ordered a bridle I needed quite urgently. Most of the bridle came in hardly any time at all :rolleyes: And right there was the start of what we in SFA called 'Bridlegate' :D
Im waiting for an item now that I ordered with some vouchers they gave me as a result and its been more than 2 weeks for an item that says 2-6 day delivery, and no-one has respnded to my email asking whats happening. Literally never again after I get my order.

Mind you I find Robinsons website awful too. Prices changing from the sale price to full when you choose your size/colour.

EQ and Rideaway you seem much more likely to get your stuff without hassle.

Agree with you Capriole, never had anything but hassle from DH, and Robinsons are pants and think I live on the moon and charge P&P accordingly.

EC and Rideaway are great!! And the one I rave about is HorseHealth, their service is brilliant.

Jesstickle

Visit site
I get all the luck that's why folks.

I've ordered from them four times this year and all four times they've been absolutely brilliant. Lucky old me :D

starryeyed

Visit site
I've only ever had one problem with derby house and that was quite recently - ordered a bit which was in stock, and after waiting for 3 months just had to cancel it as it was getting ridiculous and they kept telling me "it will be with you in a couple of days" - never came!

But saying that, I have ordered from them many times before and that was the only problem I've had - they've always delivered quite quickly before and the items have always been nice.
I ordered some of their breeches in the sale they just had and they came 2 days later, and I'm really impressed with them!

fornema

Visit site
I ordered two collegiate weymouth bridles in the sale the other week. Said they had them in stock on the website. They went into the basket fine and my order was processed and paid for. A day or so later I got an email saying they were not in stock and they were cancelling my order.

Out of interest I went onto the derby house website yesterday and lo and behold in the full price bit is the collegiate weymouth bridle at full price and saying its ready to be shipped out. Now I'm pretty sure this must be illegal???? Can anyone help?

I hate to say it but i bought the colleigate weymouth bridle but pony bridle which was on sale for £25 processed paid for and dispatched the next day :) I think they only have sale of certain sizes which they need to get rid of. DOnt think its illegal, think about it in terms of ebay they can retract sales.

monkeybum13

Visit site
The last time I ordered a rug from there (a few months ago) it arrived very quickly.

A couple of winters ago it took over 3 months for rugs to arrive, shame as I really like the rugs themselves however their service has definitely improved recently :)

hoggedmane

Visit site
Haven't ordered from them for several years after friend and I both had problems with non - delivery and poor quality goods (rug fastenings broke on first use boots split after a couple of wearings). Then they started using Katie Price and I vowed never to order from them again and I won't!

tracyandtokyo

Visit site
I ordered some chaps from them and told it was in stock and they would be despached in a couple of days, but about a month later and still no chaps i finally got an email saying they no longer stock!
Although they were still online and able to be ordered!

I then decided to buy my horse some supplements, everything but mint and garlic turned up, garlic and mint turned up a month later. Wouldnt mind but if its not in stock, dont tell me it is when i can go somehwhere else and get it! ARGH :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

rhino

Visit site
I get all the luck that's why folks.

I've ordered from them four times this year and all four times they've been absolutely brilliant. Lucky old me :D

Me too; I've never had a problem with them. They even imported a bridle from Germany for me, and had it sent direct and amazingly quickly, yet only charged normal postage. Couldn't have been more helpful! Luck of the draw by the sounds of things; I gave up on Robinsons years ago as they were so unreliable!

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
with me i ordered white dressage boards, I was holding a charity show in the july and was doing outside dressage test. I ordered in beginning March told out of stock but would be in 28 th March.

28 th came. very offizh girl on phone said OOStock they be n the following week.

fast forward to end June. following 8 more phone calls being told they be in on such and such a date 😡😡

29Th June. phoned again told yet again

oh they are out of stock. they will be in 20th. July.

Fuming now. I said what I had all the way all the way along
I need these for a charity show ( spana)Each time i phone. i get fobed off .

Forget it I said. I will cancel order and never buy from u. even wrote to manager of DH. no reply 😳. typical

i sent their magazine back with a message on it

I ordered them from Robinsons that day. ( monday). They arrived Wed lumch time. 😄😄 thats what i call service.

Littlelegs

Visit site
I've had loads over the years & never had a problem. The one time an item was a few days late they sent it next day delivery & refunded the full delivery cost. And they were very helpful before Xmas when I enquired about sizing for some presents for daughter & pony, went off measuring rug necks & inside leg of jods & emailed back the same day. Robinsons is poor though, get occasional sales items but not if I need them in a rush.

Testy

Visit site
Hit and miss for me too, I phoned up to place an order for next day delivery as I was going on holiday in 3 days time and wanted to make sure I had the items in time. Items weren't posted out till 2 days later despite numerous phone calls and eventually arrived 2 days after I went on holiday! They've not been too bad with other orders and although I love their rugs, they use yodel as a courier who provide the most hideously awful service I've come across so won't be using them again