I passed - can’t wait until Friday now 😊

{97702}

Visit site
Well I haven’t been home checked for many years, and I don’t mind admitting I was really nervous! House cleaned from top to bottom, new supplies of tea and coffee purchased (I don’t drink it myself), I even remembered milk and sugar 😄 (weirdly I don’t tend to use them either...)

As it was we sat for 45 minutes or so chatting about mutual friends, how fab my favourite ever vet is (the lady doing the home check also loves him!) and she took a couple of pictures of the greyhound girls to show she had been here 😄

I’m so excited for Friday now, expect lots more greyhound spam coming up 😂

{97702}

Visit site
Great news. Is it like getting a new horse - will he need all new matchy matchy, or do you do recycled?

Oooo that has made ne think - definitely not matchy matchy, but I doubt Hoover’s stuff will fit as Marty is a lot smaller

And it’s too soon, I still miss my orange boy so much 😔😔😔

So I have ordered him a new house collar 😊

{97702}

Visit site
Do they know much about him, Levrier? Has he got a high prey drive or is he a chilled out boy?

Do you know, I didn't really ask about prey drive :D Ooops! I'm sure he will be fine :p

He came out of racing because he badly wrenched a muscle in his right stifle (it was hugely swelled up apparently!) and they pointed out that he clearly has had an injury of some kind in the past because his pelvis isn't algined properly - one pin bone (hip bone) is higher than the other. So he has been having lots of physio and massage, he is sound now and hopefully will continue to be OK. Luckily I know a fab dog physio who used to treat my horse so I can get him checked over regularly.

Apparently he is quite laid back, he will play with the others but if it gets too rough and silly he just takes himself off quietly and does his own thing. I'm hoping he will learn to play wth Miliie gradually, unlike the other greyhound I considered who was full on hurling around with her immediately :D

Moobli

Visit site
He’s gorgeous and well done on passing the home check (as if it were ever in any doubt!). Mattie is nice and really suits him ❤️

{97702}

Visit site
I’m so excited Splashgirl 😊😊 I collect him at 1pm, then we are going to pop in and see MurphysMinder before we head back to Gloucestershire 😊

It is very sweet, the ladies from the rescue charity have added me on FB to keep up with how he is doing as they are going to miss him 😊