i s this a big mistake

calon

Visit site
despite being crippled with syatica all down my leg i decided i would enter a show today doing two classes , not ridden much for weeks and god it hurts when i do but i just love riding . but now the day has come and i am up and trying to get ready wondering why i have done it , topped up with pills got my tens on and had a physio yesterday , fingers crossed pls that i at least stay on the horse having to ride with very long sterrups not used to this so a little wobbley ha ha thanks for reading

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I think it's great that you are doing it! I know exactly how you are feeling I have had a similar problem for many years now but additionally I had 3 knee operations aswell so a rising trot is a major challenge for me now. Who cares what the results are, just going along & competing itself is the challenge for you. You've done all you can to try and make yourself comfortable. Physio (hopefully you're not too sore today from that), the good old tens machine going (mine is on at the moment), & popping 400mg Ibruprofen tablets like smarties. Do your first class & see how you go. If you feel you've done enough then don't take things further, if it's not too bad then carry on. I'm sure others have said similar to you. Just go for it, pm me or email to let me know how you got on. I'm wishing you all the luck, rossettes can be a bit of a pain killer you know. Best Wishes

calon

Visit site
thanks you lot , well i did it sadley it didnt occur to me how i would go on stripping and running her up but the judge let my friend do it but my mare being a wuss didnt take kindley to a new handler and she wouldnt trot out for her so even though we did quite a good ridden show we didnt get any brownie points at all for the second bit. but i was glad i did it , we faired better in the pairs no need to strip off and it went great we won yeh got nice jacket each a trophy and sash great day but god i am stiff this morning the things we do eh