I separated them!

_jetset_

Visit site
Thanks to those who gave me advice regarding this...

Tonight I put Troy in the stable with his little feed and kept Hannah outside and brushed her! He had a few little tantrums where he walked around the stable or banged on gthe door, but nothing major and he looked so proud of himself too!

So, I will keep doing this, gradually increasing the time spent outside the stable, and introduce walking her away and walking her back towards him. Then, hopefully, I should be able to tack her up and take her for a quick exercise while he munches his tea (without Hannah stealing it because she is on diet teas now).

B_2_B

Visit site
aww that's great!
smile.gif

he's such a handsome boy
grin.gif

Tia

Visit site
I have a big smile on my face Becki
laugh.gif
. I am so happy for you. Onwards and upwards eh?
cool.gif

amandaco2

Visit site
thats how i did things with pig and bey.
they get used to it its just abit nerve wracking as you are wondering if baby wil be in one piece when you get back until you know they are settled into the routine!

_jetset_

Visit site
I did it again tonight, and gave Hannah a much needed bath!

When I had finished bathing her I walked her away and round the corner, but Troy tried rearing at the door then realised it hurt and just stood neighing. I brought her back, then just walked her around the yard until he settled. Which he did eventually. She was away from him (just in the yard near by) for about 15 mins so going to keep doing this for few weeks until he is happy me walking her around and gradually introduce him to the idea of her going away. There is absolutely no rush for this, although I would like to be able to ride her soon without having someone with me.

Cullohill

photobucket.com
well Troy should feel priveledged i just shut both doors on Fin and took Tina out for a ride!! he screamed abit Tina did not care one bit i got straight on her and went for little hack away about 15-20mins. Fin had settled and still in one peice, we did this just a few times before we lost her - Fin was near on 6 months though so bit older.
sounds like you're doing the right thing and sure Hannah will enjoy her time away from him!!