I "STILL" CANT GIVE MY HELP AWAY!!!

giddyupem

Visit site
I Live nr Salisbury, does any body out there what some help from a nice mid 30's lady??? going to buy my own in the spring but a worried about jumping in at the deep end!! all i ask in return is a bit of hacking and advice HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Zebedee

Visit site
How I wish you lived in my part of the world!
(Sorry no help I know, but at least you know that if you were nearer you'd be very much wanted!)

Tia

Visit site
Perhaps....you're too persistant??
crazy.gif

LauraBR

Visit site
Perhaps you could help out at your local riding school, I did for a while when I was starting out. Learnt loads.

TBH I wouldn't let someone I didn't know help me with my horse, I would have to know you and trust you. I don't know how experienced you are (and I'm talking generally here) but another thing that would put me off would be the possibility that someone could be more of a hinderance than a help if you are having to explain what to do all the time. Just my opinion!

I don't mean to put you off, and I'm sure there alre loads out there who don't feel the same as me- just consider that your offer might not appear a golden one in everyones eyes.

Good luck!

evsj

Visit site
You will find something but you may have to accept an alternative to your ideal.

When I was horseless I went to a local riding school for a weekly lesson, just to keep my hand in. Ok at first but hated it after a few weeks - my 'advanced' class ended up with about 20 pupils in it and people who (couldn't ride) who demanded to have the same horse every week.

However, I met someone I knew from work there, by chance, who had his own horse at another yard. I started to ride his horse (which wasn't my cup of tea but better than nothing). This chap then mentioned an eventer he knew, so I went to help her out for a couple of months and was never short of a horse to ride. It went on from there...

What I am trying to get at is that if you are offered an ancient old duffer to hack out once or twice a week then take it as a start to getting onto the local network - it may not be the dressage horse that you dream of but it is a start. You never know who else you will meet who needs their horses looked after.

dizzydolly

Visit site
I have two point to pointers that need cantering/worked every day, plus mucked out, plus all the extras, grooming etc, fitted in with a full time job! Unfortunately, they are not suitable for gentle hacks, and I don't let anybody else ride them anyway. You don't fancy mucking out on weekdays and grooming (one of them, other one I wouldn't let anybody try it!) etc?!! Would probably learn a bit and good preparation for your own?! I am in Salisbury btw

tking

Visit site
hi furryears you beat me to it,Giddyupem i am just down the road from furryears so am not being much help plus i only have oldies infirm ones and babies, so no riding, sorry. plenty of grooming poo picking and showing next year.

Faithkat

Visit site
I replied to your earlier post. Whereabouts "near Salisbury" are you ? North, south, east or west? Like the others, I can offer you messing about with a horse but I can't offer hacking as the mares not being ridden because she's in-foal (nd I'm not into riding!).

giddyupem

Visit site
thanks to you all i live near a place called Amesbury, dizzydolly your two are stunning!! wow

i can commit a few hours at weekends at the moment, just finishing doing up a house, by jan/feb i will be free yiippeee !!!