I swore I wouldn't look at another Arab!

Victoria25

Visit site
Buy buy buy … you fell in love? Buy it!!!
I bought my SE arab when she was 3 years old - backed her myself and like others have said - she's like my shadow! She has so much personality which Ive not seen in any other breed of horse before - a total diva. A totally fabulous breed.

Attachments

• sophia 1.jpg
    sophia 1.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 19

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Buy buy buy … you fell in love? Buy it!!!
I bought my SE arab when she was 3 years old - backed her myself and like others have said - she's like my shadow! She has so much personality which Ive not seen in any other breed of horse before - a total diva. A totally fabulous breed.

She did buy him if you read the whole thread the whole story is there:)

Pretty horse

Shady

Visit site
I love the grey too. :D
Mmmmmmmm me too, gorgeous. Looks more like my Shads, I do love a good straight SE :)
Your lot ok Faracat? it's 45 degrees today here and iv'e not been able to work so have hosed the horses off 3 times so far to try and help them a bit. Shadow is so funny , he just wants to stand for hours and have his nose sprayed, sticks it in the air and if I stop he gives a nudge asking for more. I can literally hear him sighing with pleasure.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Mmmmmmmm me too, gorgeous. Looks more like my Shads, I do love a good straight SE :)
Your lot ok Faracat? it's 45 degrees today here and iv'e not been able to work so have hosed the horses off 3 times so far to try and help them a bit. Shadow is so funny , he just wants to stand for hours and have his nose sprayed, sticks it in the air and if I stop he gives a nudge asking for more. I can literally hear him sighing with pleasure.

Hiya was thinking about you yesterday my farrier is going to France on Monday, I mentioned you and how hot it is at the moment, I hope your not melting too much you should give yourself a little hose while doing the horses, bless shady he sounds like Louis he likes the water on his nose and face, Arabi hates it he would have a fit if I put the hose near his face, he needs to be sponged very carefully lol!

Shady

Visit site
Hiya was thinking about you yesterday my farrier is going to France on Monday, I mentioned you and how hot it is at the moment, I hope your not melting too much you should give yourself a little hose while doing the horses, bless shady he sounds like Louis he likes the water on his nose and face, Arabi hates it he would have a fit if I put the hose near his face, he needs to be sponged very carefully lol!
Lol, aren't they all different Pinks!!!! he likes it on his bum too but if you spray Mr P 's bum he does a poo!!!!!!!

I hope your farrier is not heading my way as this heat is set to last now, if a wee bit lower than 45. It was 32 at 11pm last night . I dream of a house with air con. Iv'e got a mobile unit but it's really noisy .
Iv'e just come in from cutting all the body fur off the 2 flufter cats. He he, they look really funny. Please god I don't need to take either to the vet. They look a bit hacked:oops:

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site

Thankfully it wasn't crazy hot today, we'll see what tomorrow brings...

When I came home Prince had removed his fly mask (his party trick *sigh*) but was clearly regretting it as he was being plagued by flies and the girls were looking very smug as they still had their masks on. I've told him before that he needs to learn to put it on again, but he can't quite get the knack and gets me to help instead. ;)

I'd love to see a photo of the cats, did you go for a trace clip or a hunter clip? :D :D :D

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Lol, aren't they all different Pinks!!!! he likes it on his bum too but if you spray Mr P 's bum he does a poo!!!!!!!

I hope your farrier is not heading my way as this heat is set to last now, if a wee bit lower than 45. It was 32 at 11pm last night . I dream of a house with air con. Iv'e got a mobile unit but it's really noisy .
Iv'e just come in from cutting all the body fur off the 2 flufter cats. He he, they look really funny. Please god I don't need to take either to the vet. They look a bit hacked:oops:

Hilarious I think we need pictures of the hacked cats:p

Now we all know how you spend your day! Pruning the pussies

Shady

Visit site
Thankfully it wasn't crazy hot today, we'll see what tomorrow brings...

When I came home Prince had removed his fly mask (his party trick *sigh*) but was clearly regretting it as he was being plagued by flies and the girls were looking very smug as they still had their masks on. I've told him before that he needs to learn to put it on again, but he can't quite get the knack and gets me to help instead. ;)

I'd love to see a photo of the cats, did you go for a trace clip or a hunter clip? :D:D:D
Lol, nothing so fine. I call it a mohican or a Brazilian :D

Poor Prince, serves him right though!!! The other day Shadow somehow managed to remove his mask from one ear and transfer that whole side to the other ear . I kept looking at it thinking how is that even possible! I go through so many masks as Mr P pulls them off him that I now buy Harrison Howard ones from Amazon as they are so cheap and fit him really well.
xx

Shady

Visit site
This is my oldie at Stafford County Show last month, he's 24,Crabbet Polish breeding. My mare is in my profile, she's pure crabbet and need to dig out a pic of newbie who is also Crabbet Polish. Three greys must be mad!
View attachment 33996
Gorgeous JC, love his face:)
I so hope I am still able to ride mine when he is 24, he's now 18.
Hope you can post some pics of your newbie. I never tire of looking at Arabs:D

JoannaC

Visit site
Gorgeous JC, love his face:)
I so hope I am still able to ride mine when he is 24, he's now 18.
Hope you can post some pics of your newbie. I never tire of looking at Arabs:D

They keep on going these Arabs, Bouchan had some tough times in his life before he came to me at 15 but you wouldn't know it apart from the scars. I'll take some pics on my phone of Georgie as it won't let me upload from the camera one's as they are too big and no idea how to make them smaller!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
They keep on going these Arabs, Bouchan had some tough times in his life before he came to me at 15 but you wouldn't know it apart from the scars. I'll take some pics on my phone of Georgie as it won't let me upload from the camera one's as they are too big and no idea how to make them smaller!

You need to download photo compress, choose which photos you want and they compress them for you so they are small enough to post on here.

Shady

Visit site
Georgie last night, she was only backed last year and is still quite green but has been started beautifully.
View attachment 34035
Perfect, love him and you look like you might be smiling which compared to the hilarious expressions on the ' why is it so hard to look nice ' thread might be quite rare!
Reachers in particular is priceless.

I wish you years of joy with him. x

Identityincrisis

Visit site
I just wanted to give an update on my little Arab as I hold you lot responsible………. He is amazing!!

I am moved daily by his sweet nature and willingness (once we overcome the fact he’s scared of EVERYTHING!!)

I got his saddle sorted but as he was so green I’ve been keeping it very simple but physically he has changed so much. He was very skinny and angular but he is filling out nicely.

Clearly he didn’t get the memo about Arabs being able to withstand the cold as I have found him shivering numerous times, hopefully I’ve got the knack of how warm he likes to be (my previous TB and Anglo didn’t like being over rugged)

Thank you everyone who said go for it, you were right about them being beautiful creatures

Shady

Visit site
I just wanted to give an update on my little Arab as I hold you lot responsible………. He is amazing!!

I am moved daily by his sweet nature and willingness (once we overcome the fact he’s scared of EVERYTHING!!)

I got his saddle sorted but as he was so green I’ve been keeping it very simple but physically he has changed so much. He was very skinny and angular but he is filling out nicely.

Clearly he didn’t get the memo about Arabs being able to withstand the cold as I have found him shivering numerous times, hopefully I’ve got the knack of how warm he likes to be (my previous TB and Anglo didn’t like being over rugged)

Thank you everyone who said go for it, you were right about them being beautiful creatures
Cough, cough..... where are the latest photo's ????
So pleased to read this IC :)
I wouldn't change mine for the world .
Mine is not too bad with the cold but hates the rain!( he came over from Australia)
x

aajk

Visit site
How funny that this post should pop up, I’ve been debating getting an Arab myself. My dream horse as a child was a chestnut Arab gelding after being lucky enough to have a ride on a friend’s.

I don’t know an awful lot about the breed, I’ve requested to join a couple of groups on fb but haven’t been accepted unfortunately, no idea why?!

How hardy are they? Based in NE Scotland and would be kept out 24/7 ideally with a porky Highland. Do they tend to have decent feet?

What do you guys do with yours? I’m a happy hacker at heart and quite fancy some endurance. How do they handle rough terrain?

I know it’s a sore subject but I’m no slim Jim, probably about 12 stone - would I have to lose weight or could a well put together Arab manage? If I got a baby I wouldn’t be backing it myself and happy to hold off riding it until it’s more mature.

Any suggestions on where to look for one? Open to any age, preferably a youngster. I like a pretty dished head but nothing grotesquely extreme! Thanks in advance :)

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Mine live out and I'm in Wales and they are unshod. They eat rough terrain for breakfast. ;) My grey mare was on HorseMart so do search for the breed on the normal websites and there is also ArabianLines. http://www.arabianlines.com/for_sale/index.htm I got my chestnut gelding through word of mouth. I've had both from yearlings and I had help come here to back them.

Your weight isn't a deal breaker. :)

As you like chestnut geldings here is mine. :D

Attachments

• Prince2.jpg
    Prince2.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 16

Pinkvboots

Visit site
How funny that this post should pop up, I’ve been debating getting an Arab myself. My dream horse as a child was a chestnut Arab gelding after being lucky enough to have a ride on a friend’s.

I don’t know an awful lot about the breed, I’ve requested to join a couple of groups on fb but haven’t been accepted unfortunately, no idea why?!

How hardy are they? Based in NE Scotland and would be kept out 24/7 ideally with a porky Highland. Do they tend to have decent feet?

What do you guys do with yours? I’m a happy hacker at heart and quite fancy some endurance. How do they handle rough terrain?

I know it’s a sore subject but I’m no slim Jim, probably about 12 stone - would I have to lose weight or could a well put together Arab manage? If I got a baby I wouldn’t be backing it myself and happy to hold off riding it until it’s more mature.

Any suggestions on where to look for one? Open to any age, preferably a youngster. I like a pretty dished head but nothing grotesquely extreme! Thanks in advance :)

They are incredibly tough mine are really good doers and they don't feel the cold both of mine are barefoot, I got Arabi from round oak stud they breed some beautiful horses they have quite a few for sale at the moment, most are unbacked youngsters though so depends on what your looking for.

huskydamage

Visit site
I've always wanted an Arab, instead I have an Anglo Arab and an unknown breed pony everyone thinks is araby. Vet did their jabs recently and went straight to the pony with my anglo's Arab passport ?
They are both awesome and very hard working. The Anglo is one of the nicest natured horses I've known.

aajk

Visit site
Mine live out and I'm in Wales and they are unshod. They eat rough terrain for breakfast. ;) My grey mare was on HorseMart so do search for the breed on the normal websites and there is also ArabianLines. http://www.arabianlines.com/for_sale/index.htm I got my chestnut gelding through word of mouth. I've had both from yearlings and I had help come here to back them.

Your weight isn't a deal breaker. :)

As you like chestnut geldings here is mine. :D

Oh my goodness, what a handsome chap!