I swore I wouldn't look at another Arab!

EnduroRider

Visit site
My homebred PBA in my signature sounds very like your previous horse, he is incredibly 'tricky'. So on the back of that I swore I'd only have a purebred again! Current young lad is the gentlest and kindest soul but still a fun and active ride, and new lad (bought unseen and unvetted - going with my gut instinct!) arrives from NE Scotland tomorrow. If the one you are looking at is a purebred then go for it (but based on what I've just paid I agree you should be negotiating the price down)!

cauda equina

Visit site
My homebred PBA in my signature sounds very like your previous horse, he is incredibly 'tricky'. So on the back of that I swore I'd only have a purebred again! Current young lad is the gentlest and kindest soul but still a fun and active ride, and new lad (bought unseen and unvetted - going with my gut instinct!) arrives from NE Scotland tomorrow. If the one you are looking at is a purebred then go for it (but based on what I've just paid I agree you should be negotiating the price down)!
Out of interest, how much do you think your homebred had cost you by the time it was 5?

Steerpike

Visit site

Yes I agree you can always negotiate on price but it's a big jump down from the price advertised for OP advertised and the budget you had for your new horse, don't forget how much it is to breed and look after these horses, its no wonder people don't breed as many Arabs as people are not prepared to pay a decent price for them.

Shady

Visit site
So you're all a terrible influence and I've put a deposit down pending vetting. I'm beyond excited, I went back today and rode him in the pouring rain, while he was tense and not happy, he still listened and tried to please.... what more can you ask for? And I think when he's in a home he'll be very loving
Lol, mine hates the rain!
I think he sounds lovely and I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Vervencio has El Shaklan on both sides also Nariadni and Vervaldee . All seriously amazing and well tempered
( slightly biased here as mine also has El Shaklan as his grand sire)

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Vervencio has El Shaklan on both sides also Nariadni and Vervaldee . All seriously amazing and well tempered

My 2 are bred very similar to him and Shadys horse, I have seen Vervencio at a show his gorgeous but was very lively!

Arabi hates the rain especially if it's windy yesterday he stood under the trees looking miserable so I went outside to get them in he came running over as soon as he saw me, Louis is fine he couldn't care less about it and often grazes while his stood under the trees.

HashRouge

Visit site
Mine is related to Nariadni (his dam is my mare's grandma). Beautiful stallion!

Talism4n

Visit site
Great news! I'm on my second quirky Arab and dont plan to buy anything other than Arabs after my two. Whilst they've definitely got me into a lot more difficult situations than the natives I had before, they've got me out of so many potential disasters and both have been loyal beyond measure. My welsh is such a sweet pony, but he'll never talk back and relate to me quite like the gangly lunatics do.

Identityincrisis

Visit site
photo.php

photo.php

I've never uploaded photos before so hopefully they work!

Well I'm in love! What a genuine little horse I've managed to get, I'm beyond happy with him. He tries to please which is all I can ask and he seeks comfort from me, something my last horse rarely did.

I'm still waiting to get a saddle sorted but we're doing lots of other things anyway so no real rush.

I've changed his name, it was Gattaca but being from the North East it can sound quite abrasive so I have named him Shakir which is Arabic for Thankful

ElectricChampagne

Visit site
I've just read this thread, WOW It makes me want an arab.

I had the pure luck to ride a pure arab stallion when I was just 8 years old in my RC where I worked for rides. He was known as my horse by everyone as they wouldn't let anyone else sit up on him for a good while after they got him. I loved him so much.

Identityincrisis - he is a stunner - the very best of luck with him, and i hope you both have loads and load of years of fun and happiness together.

huskydamage

Visit site
I've had my anglo arab nearly 2yrs, she is one of the nicest natured horses I know and lovely to ride. She is such a happy little girl 🙂