I think he is still growing

Blizzard

Visit site
I think Beau may have grown again, his rugs are looking too short for him and Im just looking at pics from yesterday, this is him stood beside a 15.3hh TB. I know she is stood a little way back, but im sure he never used to That big!

I cant even measure him accurately as the he is taller than the measuring stick!
blush.gif

DSC02771.jpg

DSC02773.jpg

DSC02772.jpg

He is 7, I thought he had finished and would just fill out now,his dressage saddle now looks like a pony saddle on him, he makes the flaps look really short!
blush.gif

He was a state when we got him, could it be possible that now he looks and feels well he is doing some delayed growing?
confused.gif

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Omg! What are you feeding him?! He is looknig as gorgeous as always though
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!
Well he is actually not getting a lot!

When I first got him he was on a lot of hard feed as he was v skinny, for the las 2 months all he has got is:

Topspec Leisure Time feed balancer, 1/3 of a scoop TopSpec CC cubes, 1/3 of a scoop alfa oil, Soya oil, and a 1/3 scoop of soaked speedi beet.
Once a day. and he lives out.
blush.gif

trundle

Visit site
For goodness sake, take that horse's feet out of the gro-bag ! He looks wonderful he really does but OMG the size of him ! I hardly dare ask, but how big does your measuring stick top out at? He looks as if he could be over 18.2hh !

I think you are absolutely right about the delayed growing - he has some making up for lost time to do, and now he is happy and getting the right sort of food, his body is catching up again. He really is massive, he's going to make Lance look like a pony as well.

PS. How is sexy-boy Lance?

Blizzard

Visit site
LOL, Lance is fine thank you! Still acting like a 4yr old!
grin.gif

Beau is the only horse Ive known that makes Lance look small, Lance is only 16.2hh but very full up and his bum is high,people always think he is about 17hh, so I dread to think how tall beau is if he makes him look small.
Our measuring stick goes to 18hh...
blush.gif

Maybe it is a late growth spurt then, I wasnt sure if horses could do that so thought I would ask, he is definitely filling out and maturing. Saddle shopping will be interesting, one big enough for him, but small enough for me!
tongue.gif

Theresa_F

Visit site
My WB mare grew from just under 16 hands to 16.3 from 6 to nearly 7. Maybe he is just filling out now - Fleur did this until she was 8 1/2 and changed from my 16 hands very TB looking mare to a huge brick sh*thouse of a WB - great when you are just under 5' with short legs
grin.gif

Chancer whilst only 3 1/2 has had another growth spurt and his bum is about 2" higher than the front - hope this is the last one as he looks as if he may be going for 15.2 and I really wanted 15 hands max. He is just finishing going through a bit of a gangly stage as well at the moment.

That is one big horse you have - Cairo at 16.3 is plenty big enough for me.

Gorgeous George

Visit site
holy smoke he is looking even bigger! Perhaps all the mud and water last year has made him grow?! What I like is that your lovely st bernard looks like a pony in the shot!

zoesophie

Visit site
Blimey
blush.gif
He looks massive in those pics
smirk.gif
Makes your dog look like a terrior
wink.gif

If its any help we got Oscar as and 8yo 16.2 and after a year or putting on weight and muscle he grew to 17.1
tongue.gif
I think a lot was down to muscle etc but he deffo grew up too. Maybe its a bay Irish thing??
tongue.gif

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
My god Gina hes HUGE!
grin.gif
Do you use a mounting block or a ladder to get on?
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A very large mounting block! its at least 3ft lol!
grin.gif

I am thinking of getting some kind of stair lift though to make my life easier.
grin.gif

My OH just gets on from the ground!
shocked.gif

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

If its any help we got Oscar as and 8yo 16.2 and after a year or putting on weight and muscle he grew to 17.1
tongue.gif
I think a lot was down to muscle etc but he deffo grew up too. Maybe its a bay Irish thing??
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

At EIGHT years old?!

Oh God Beau is going to end up about 21 hands lol!
laugh.gif

zoesophie

Visit site

[/ QUOTE ]

At EIGHT years old?!

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont joke
tongue.gif
wink.gif
Yeah he was bang on 8 when we got him and still grew - so you'll need to invest in some stilts to brush him
smirk.gif

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At EIGHT years old?!

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont joke
tongue.gif
wink.gif
Yeah he was bang on 8 when we got him and still grew - so you'll need to invest in some stilts to brush him
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL well problem solved there because he doesnt get brushed!
grin.gif
Just get the wost off when needed!
blush.gif

muddy_grey

www.*******.com
My friend got a 4YO and begged the vet to put 16hh on the certificate not 15.3. When he was six and a half he was 16.1hh and she went overseas for a year and came back to a 17.1hh giant!
We tried leaving him out in the rain, but it didn't make him shrink!!
smile.gif