I think I am in danger of becoming a dressage diva..........

sachak

www.pinkequine.com
on 20 May Chester and I did a Dressage masterclass for Your Horse with Shelley Brooks
crazy.gif
It was a last minute oppurtunity and given that I don't have a jumping saddle at the moment I would have been silly to turn some free training down. I have done a couple of dressage tests while I haven't had my jumping saddle just to keep Ches out and about. Our first test (walk and trot) we got 67% and our second (another walk and trot) we got 64% - now whilst I don't know if these are good marks or not but comparatively with the class they were very good.

When I got to the masterclass I was asked what I wanted to work on - and ideal oppurtunity to work on the judges comments from our two tests previously; straightness and relaxing (probably more my problem than his). And the other issues which probably contributed to the judges comments were hanging on my right rein and resentment of contact - especially in the canter which still needs alot of work.

The lesson proved very informative and I was very pleased with the results. We did so much in the trot we ran out of time, and Ches ran out of steam, to do any more. But the Your Horse writer and photographer were pleased - I was grinning from ear to ear and Ches was going well.

However, I have now found myself looking for more DRESSAGE shows! I have to keep reminding myself that I am a show jumper... I am quite enjoying this Dressage malarky and I do know that flatwork is the basis of my jumping but Dressage in itself is a whole different ball game and me, I am just soooo not stylish enough of a rider to complete the picture -

Am I in danger of becoming a dressage diva???? Is there a cure
confused.gif

The masterclass will be in the June issue of Your Horse which goes on sale on 18 June 2009.

Gosh... it's 08:58 - so a cuppa coffee and biccies if you get this far....

palomino_pony

Visit site
I'm with you on the danger of becoming a diva! Bought my new mare to do intro's with but we've found a new instructor who's teaching me lots of dressage "tricks" which new horsie is loving! Oh well, walk to canter comes in handy show jumping too!
tongue.gif

Look forward to seeing Your horse next month - well done

stacey_lou

Visit site
I was never one for dressage either untill a year ago where I did a few classes to keep my boy going as his back was good enough so that we could ride but I was a little warey about jumping and I began doing some dressage and I really enjoying it and so did he all be it we are only doing Prelims atm.

I had always show jumped and always looked at dressage and never taken any interest untill I started doing it and understanding what it was all about and then I began wanting to know and learn more.Now we're more towards doing some Novice classes and am even looking to buy a dressage saddle to now! lol

So I have decieded to best comp for me is eventing. I have always loved eventing anyway to watch but as dressage wasnt for me mainly beacuse I didnt understand it so therefore I didnt enjoy it I never really did any eventing but now its something I am eager to get out and do so maybe this could be an option for you? this way you can still do Show jumping with the extra jumping of a Xc course and dressage to its a 3 in 1 package I love it.

little_flea

Visit site
You need to use the following checklist to analyse danger levels:

• Do you regularly go on the websites Dressage Deluxe and Classic Dressage?
• Do you own a pair of fluffy Eskadron overreach boots?
• Do you frequent internet websites to debate the merits of Rollkur?
• Do you have a handsome gay instructor?
• Do you wear pearl earrings when riding?
• Can you spot which Anky colours are from this year, and which are from last season?
• Do you find yourself tempted to match your stock to your hair-scrunchie?

If yes to more than two of the above, then you are in danger of becoming a dressage diva.

sachak

www.pinkequine.com
gosh little_flea that checklist was most humbling and thankfully I can only tick the fluffy eskadron O/R boots!!!!

phew.....

although Ches does like poncing around - I keep having to remind him too that he is a showjumper!

diggerbez

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You need to use the following checklist to analyse danger levels:

• Do you regularly go on the websites Dressage Deluxe and Classic Dressage?
• Do you own a pair of fluffy Eskadron overreach boots?
• Do you frequent internet websites to debate the merits of Rollkur?
• Do you have a handsome gay instructor?
• Do you wear pearl earrings when riding?
• Can you spot which Anky colours are from this year, and which are from last season?
• Do you find yourself tempted to match your stock to your hair-scrunchie?

If yes to more than two of the above, then you are in danger of becoming a dressage diva.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH MY GOD! i'm a diva! somebody help me (i'm not even very good at dressage!
shocked.gif
tongue.gif