I think I cracked my skull doing *head-desk*, Rottaf anybody? ACHClub?

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I knew I shouldn't have looked but I got curious on which "breeds" one of those hybrid dog registries would register, though I didn't get that far, number five on the list = Rottaf!

18.gif

Have you guessed the cross yet? If not, Rottaf = Afghan hound x Rottweiler!

There is simply no way, that anybody could convince me about that there is a sensible purpose in the crossing of an Afghan hound, a breed that has been placed in the very bottom of the scale when comparing different breeds intelligence and is considered to have a low susceptibility/receptiveness to training, with a Rottweiler, a breed that was placed as the ninth most intelligent breed in the same intelligence test and is considered to have a high to very high susceptibility/receptiveness to training.

Photos of a Rottaf

Admittedly I've read more than one reply on HHO, making it sound as if the Kennel Club isn't much to hang in the Christmas tree but how about the American Canine Hybrid Club...
To begin somewhere, it sounds as if they prefer calling them hybrid breeds, I presume that makes them sound more stylish than the common crossbreed.

On their website they say "ACHClub is the finest registry for hybrids. Our friendly and helpful staff are always ready to answer any questions you may have, or help you register litters!"
Aw
k030.gif
, not the average registry or the accurate registry, oh no, this is the finest registry... :rolleyes:

As I understand it, if I would want to mate one of my Finnish Lapphunds with a Greyhound, to get a litter of Greylapps, I don't need to worry about that they don't have any Greylapp hybrid on their breed list, if I only pay them, my new "breed" will be added to the list. Is that not convenient or what?
g070.gif

Of course, I first have to become a member myself, then register my bitch/bitches, the stud dog needs to be registered and his owner also needs to become a member but after that, all I have to do is to pay for my new "breed" to be registered and once the litter is born, voila, for only a few dollars per puppy, it seems as if I would even be able to sell my future Greylapp puppies with certificates!

But they've made spelling mistakes on their website, considering that it doesn't seem to be such a huge website with lots of features, I really think somebody should have noticed that the web address to their list of crossbreeds that already can be registered with them, ends with "name=Breeders", personally I can not find any breeders on this list I take no responsibility for the future condition of your skull, computer or desk, if you choose to open this link?

Also if you want to see what links they think could be useful, one of the two options that comes up says : "Pure Breed Dog Registries. Here are the best purebreed dog registries that are avialble"

Purebreed? Do they mean purebred or did somebody forgot to press the Space bar? (According to my dictionary, purebred is spelled with one e and crossbreed with double e.)
Aviable? A very able aviator, perhaps? No, I suppose it is just a misspelling of available.

To me, the main purpose for having breed certificates for crossbreed puppies, would be because they can "help" make puppy buyers pay as much for a crossbreed puppy as they would if it had been a purebred puppy. Without, that the breeder needs to "waste" any of their money on showing their dogs, competing in obedience, possibly pass this or that health test etc.

s040.gif

Vizslak

Visit site
OMG! To be honest 'ben' just looks like 80% of heinz 57's in rescues. I can't even see the 'type' that they are purposely trying to breed with this cross! He just looks like an accidental mongrel! Fancy being able to register dogs bred like this! :eek:
I'm not going to look at any more, I may also crack my skull!
*head desk*
:mad:

FinnishLapphund

Visit site
Sorry for not coming back to my thread sooner, I've been having problems posting and I try to repress how many replies that has gone *poof*, fingers crossed but it seems that clearing my HHO Cookies have sorted it.

Edited because I erased the rest of my reply, I tried using the Tab button and somehow managed to post my reply before it was finished.

Last edited:

FinnishLapphund

Visit site
Doing a new try, *sulk* first my replies goes *poof* and disappears and now I post them before I've finished writing them... :p I'm sure it is all my computers fault...
a025.gif

Anyhow, I know that you didn't want to crack your skull but I can't resist sharing some of the better/worst ones. I do think some of these crosses are completely without purpose and/or sense, but the names some of these new "breeds" are given doesn't come far behind in senselessness...

Proving their professionalism, ACHC don't have any problem giving two different crosses the same new "breed" name or give a new "breed" a name that is already used by another FCI recognised breed etc.

But maybe I'm difficult to please, I admit that I frankly believe that the reason for giving some new "breeds" a name that is similar to a real breeds name, is to fool people that they are buying purebred puppies/dogs.
I would also not be surprised if some of these ACHC breeders at the same time, claims that they don't need to health test their breeding animals, because they're breeding innate healthy hybrids...

American Eskimo x Beagle__________________American Eagle Dog
American Pit Bull Terrier x Bulldog_____________Old Anglican Bulldogge
American Rat Terrier x Boston Terrier__________Brat
American Staffordshire Terrier x Bulldog________Old Anglican Bulldogge
Australian Shepherd x Miniature Schnauzer______Confetti Australian Shepherd

Basset Hound x Doberman Pinscher___________Dobie-Basset
Beagle x Chinese Shar Pei__________________Sharp Eagle
Beagle x Doberman Pinscher________________Beagleman
Beagle x West Highland White Terrier__________West of Argyll Terrier
Bearded Collie x Dalmatian__________________Bodacion
Belgian Malinois x German Shepherd Dog_______Malinois
Bernese Mountain Dog x German Shepherd_____Euro Mountain Sheparnese
Bernese Mountain Dog x Newfoundland________Bernefie (pronounced burn-ah-fee)
Bernese Mountain Dog x Poodle______________Bernese Mountain Poo

Bichon Frise x Poodle______________________Poochon
Bichon Frise x Pug________________________Pushon
Boston Terrier x French Bulldog_______________Faux Frenchbo Bulldog
Boston Terrier x Pug_______________________Buggs
Brussels Griffon x Cavalier King Charles_________Brussalier
Brussels Griffon x Miniature Schnauzer__________Sniffon
Brussels Griffon x Rottweiler_________________Brottweiler
Brussels Griffon x Shih Tzu__________________Shiffon
Bulldog x French Bulldog____________________Free-Lance Bulldog
Bulldog x Mastiff__________________________American Bandogge
Bull Terrier x Chihuahua_____________________Bullhuahua