I think i have finally cracked the Dressage Demons!!!

EventingMad

Visit site
Some of you may remember last time my last dressage outing went rather..well bad to put it lightly!
blush.gif

So after dragging myself out of bed at 5 to do the rest of the yard before we left,which was quite good so i didn't have time to get myself worked up over it anyways we managed to leave the yard at 9 despite one of the youngsters thinking it was funny everytime your back was turned to undo his bandages and pick up his gamgee as if to say 'Look what i can do' not amusing at this time!
mad.gif
smirk.gif
Anyways we set of with a couple of her very nice youngsters and my ginger ninja,one of the youngsters i plan on stealing for myself!
tongue.gif

Sorry i'll get on with it now!
Was doing the Intro A test and Prelim 14 Combined Training,was just doing the first one to hopefully wipe away some nerves! He was completly chilled almost too much,he did a nice test,but i just need to work on allowing him more forward and balanced through my seat and legs rather than my hands.Anyways i was chuffed to bits with him then he did a nice clear round in the SJ which was rather tiddly! So was chuffed to see we had come second.
grin.gif

In the Prelim 10 i rode a lot better as the plan had worked that the majority of my nerves had been wiped away from the previous test and maybe a little bit of help from my chill pills (rescue remedy!) Mucked up one of my canter transitions but apart from that the rest of the test went really well.He went really nicely as well our trot work was a lot better but i think i may be doing a lot of free walk before our next test! Had a great clear round in the SJ meet every fence just right and felt fab! Couldn't believe to see we had come 2nd again both times to my trainer as well who was on two 4 yr olds.

Then did a nice round the 85cm which was rather up to height and just had a fence down to come 4th!
grin.gif

Sooo chuffed with my boy,he just put up with me and just gets on with the job and doesn't give a flying monkeys what is going on around him.He really is a superb chap and now can't wait with more work and competing over the winter to finally get him out eventing!

Now can't wait to go XC Schooling on Thursday
grin.gif

So sorry for such a long post