I think I might go Matchy...

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I bought a ‘technical top’ to wear during the hot weather. The weather, of course, promptly changed for the worse.
But the top is a pretty colour and I thought ‘What about a numnah to match?’
All my numnahs are black or white, so HHO’ers who are knowledgeable about this, what will match with my More Mile top? The advert calls it ‘green’.

1st photo (for comparison) my top next to Snuggy Hoods Haint blue hood
2nd photo the colour from the advert

Attachments

• 12370122-75AC-47B7-865D-8B22AFD8AD66.jpeg
    12370122-75AC-47B7-865D-8B22AFD8AD66.jpeg
    728.6 KB · Views: 32
  • C6A1211B-A3BD-44E7-BE7F-7EF9430CDBB9.jpeg
    C6A1211B-A3BD-44E7-BE7F-7EF9430CDBB9.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

poiuytrewq

Visit site
It is a nice colour, I mistakenly went matchy once in the same colour! Simply because horse had a Poultice on so I’d bandaged then noticed they matched my saddle pad.... I kind of liked it ? I’m not matchy (I hate ears) but it does look smart!!

Meredith

Visit site
Take your top to a decently stocked tack shop (and buy feed while you're there! Essential...).

You can have fun looking at matchy-matchy and toning options :D

Good idea but I live in the sticks.
Nearest feed store is an agricultural merchants, 20 minutes away, no clothes there unless you want a boiler suit. Nearest tack shop is 45 minutes away, next one over an hour. First doesn’t sell tops only tack etc and some jods. I’ve never been to the second, too far.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Good idea but I live in the sticks.
Nearest feed store is an agricultural merchants, 20 minutes away, no clothes there unless you want a boiler suit. Nearest tack shop is 45 minutes away, next one over an hour. First doesn’t sell tops only tack etc and some jods. I’ve never been to the second, too far.

Day trip! When you're allowed of course ???

Bernster

Visit site
Greens and blues I find vary quite a lot and online pics are not always the most accurate to colour match. But that way you can have multiple sets as you try to find the best match. I bought a couple of purples before I found a good match. Fun though!

Meredith

Visit site
Greens and blues I find vary quite a lot and online pics are not always the most accurate to colour match. But that way you can have multiple sets as you try to find the best match. I bought a couple of purples before I found a good match. Fun though!

Yes pictures are not true to colour which makes it very difficult.
This is called ‘green’. I would call it pale greeny turquoise, which is no help at all.
Unfortunately I don’t frequent places where matchiness abounds otherwise I would just ask the rider when I saw the colour.
It is fun searching though.?

Meredith

Visit site
Thanks for all the replies.
I am now undecided between Felix Buhler Marble Glacier Green and Woof Mint.
I have decided I might buy a fly veil too but do not like the trimmed black Woof one.
Help please. C is piebald.
Matchy experts which do you think is best?

PurBee

Visit site
Purple and green shades tend to work well together as nice complementary contrasting colours