I think I want him..

Lintel

Visit site
What are your plans for him?
The plan is not to get him.... ?
I do not need another right now, I do however have WHW on the look out for any suitable ridden/potential ridden at the moment. I know eventually I will need to PTS my WHW companion and don't want to be leaving the Hipo on his own. My experience with them has been so positive I would love to take on another from them, but can't help but look at others!

Lintel

Visit site
Why is he unbroken at five?

Why is he meat money in a market that is on fire?

Be very cautious!

My fleeting thoughts exactly... but could be a real diamond in the rough and would tick my "dream" colour+breed boxes for sure.
Thank you YBCM, that's really kind of you.. and very tempting considering I'm 4 hours away.

aajk

Visit site
It's the wild Welsh eye I've been after all my life.. would be a perfect contrast to my loving Hipo's eyes!

I’m a HiPo girl too, going to view one tomorrow actually! I’ve had Welshies previously and am quite happy with a quieter more dependable pony nowadays ? I was considering a D a while back but I think I’d have regretted it.

Life is short, get the pony if you like him ?

Lintel

Visit site
There will be a reason he is £500, possibly starting at the length of the front pasterns. The pictures are creative and excellent at hiding the conformation.

If it seems to good to be true - it normally is !

I knew I could rely on you AA for some poor confo critique, keep going, these are the thing I really I need to consider!

Jules111

Visit site
There will be a reason he is £500, possibly starting at the length of the front pasterns. The pictures are creative and excellent at hiding the conformation.

If it seems to good to be true - it normally is !

I'm not liking the hind legs either - looks too straight but hard to tell with that strategically placed step in the way.

An unlicensed, unbroken stallion is unlikely to be a true bargain. If he's been used for breeding he will not be an easy to keep pony. I'm sure if you wait a few months there will be lots of true bargains available when people realise how difficult it is to keep their "pet" ponies through a tough, expensive winter. We're heading for a deep recession, there will be a lot of ponies for sale.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
An unregistered, unbroken stallion is unlikely to be a true bargain. If he's been used for breeding he will not be an easy to keep pony..

My five year old was an unregistered unbroken stallion when I bought him at two. He has seven two year old offspring. He was the easiest soul to manage and back, though I did get him a lot younger than this one, of course. .

Jules111

Visit site
My five year old was an unregistered unbroken stallion when I bought him at two. He has seven two year old offspring. He was the easiest soul to manage and back, though I did get him a lot younger than this one, of course. .

Yep, I agree, some stallions are lovely. I doubt the lovely ones are for sale for £500. Unless i knew the pony well I wouldn't take one on, especially with potentially dodgy conformation.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Same I can't stand that kind of eye. I've never had any luck with a weird eye tbh
Don't know what the problem is here, it's only the direction he is looking. His eye is normal in the other picture.

Not that I have room to talk having bought a bargain basement project pony to break this summer from preloved last weekend.

Last edited: