i think ive found myself a horse!what do you think its worth??

moodymare1987

Visit site
i sold my horse as most of you will know and i was looking for a 16.2 ish horse with a bit of irish draught in it. i wanted something that i could do riding club shows with and the odd jump.

well i went to look at one on friday, having a few more to see yet so didnt want to make my mind up. it was 16.2 rode and looked 17 hands when it was ridden, irish draught cross tb. dark bay it is very nice called fred 9 years old, jumped in derbys, is a county level workers/ hunter has paces to die for. i rode him was out fo this world nice and relaxd. jumps ina snaffle

and hunts in a snaffle. all you have to say is woah and it stops from canter to halt. took him out aswel and was fab with diggers working and tractors etc. has papers aswel i got shown them, he is gorgeous how much do you guys think he is worth. no lumps or bumps anywhere either.

moodymare1987

Visit site
forgot to add i jumped him 4 ft aswel and cleared the jump so easy.there is def room for more. didnt rush took his time and had brakes afterwards. i was amazed i am going to see him again tonight but i think he is the one for me anyway. but how much do you think he is worth. i know how much he is up for sale. just wondering how much you would charge if you had this horse.xx

moodymare1987

Visit site
they are asking 3,500 for him he has been vetted and has passed flying colours so nothing wrong there then. my friend was going to get him but she thought he had too much scope for her as she is a nervous rider and he does look after you but she said she was not interestd in shows.she was the one that got him vetted. the only thing is hes underweight from being out in field with nothing to eat and thats it. but not anything major

Rambo

Visit site
Hard to say without seeing him, but it sounds like a very fair price and if he is everything you say he is, and everything you want him to be, then go for it
smile.gif

moodymare1987

Visit site
yes i couldnt believe it though i thought they would want more but they dont. is a nice horse though very willing, i am going to see him again tonight and i think i will be handing a deposit over

moodymare1987

Visit site
no i didnt have him vetted my friend was looking at having him and she really thought she wantd him and backed out last minute. i dont agree with what she did but he wasnt right. for her

red marksman

Visit site
Sounds like a bargain! The only thing i would say is that if he is a bit out of condition and a bit under weight, he may become stronger to ride once he feels better in himself.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
If he is county level workers, then he should be nearer £10-£12k with that temperament. £3.5k is a ridiculously low amount - either they are totally mad, the horse has some hidden secret or you are bl**dy lucky!!!!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
He's sounds lovely, just be aware though that if he is a bit underweight that he could become a bit more of a handful once he is fed up. Talking from experience here, saying that I'm sure it wouldn't be anything you couldn't handle.

I'm sure you will have loads of fun together!!

TGM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
jumped in derbys, is a county level workers/ hunter has paces to die for.

[/ QUOTE ] Do you know his results from jumping in derbys and also from county level showing? Must say it seems very little to ask if he has genuinely been placed at county level. Are you buying from a dealer or a private owner? Have they got photos of this horse competing?

(Don't want to sound suspicious but I've seen so many people get 'done'
crazy.gif
)

MagicMelon

Visit site
Depends what level he's competed at? And how successful he was? Most horses can jump 4ft so that wouldn't pump the price up personally. Id say in my area it'd go for about £5k but down England way likely far more!

moodymare1987

Visit site
i have seen his papers and i cant remember what they were but i had a friend who does top bsja and said she has seen this horse out and winning. she said he has fantastic breeding. he is only the price he is as they want me to have him as they said i got on and rode him like i meant business and noone they have seen ride him have dont that and been confident about it.

to be honest im not bothered if he does liven up a bit when he has more weight on him. im not nervous anyway. i know what you mean about the showing. but i watched how it moves and it was amazing watching it i have never seen so much elegance from such a big horse. my friend was gobsmacked aswell.

im not bothered about results etc anyway i have seen what it can do and i dont like just any horse it has to have something about it and it caught my eye. im very fussy when it comes to horses. and yes i have seen pictures of him competing lots of them i might say.

lizstuguinness

Visit site
i think 3,500 is about right. some people are comming from a differnt planet when they say 8,000 -10k.
its not hard or difficult to compete at county level, you just fill a form in and pay money. end of story.

and as someone has already said 4ft is about right for a hunter and most decent horses with a half decent rider can manage it.

schooled up and in better condition id would say 4,000 may be 5000. so there is a profit in it if you ever came to sell him.
but as you have said, if all you want is something to enjoy that has a bit extra quality then he sounds lovely, you deff should not be wanting to pay more than this for what you want, and hey if you get a "better than expected" horse then its an added bonus