I *think* we had a good day!! ;) (ODE report)

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
Well we set off not too early this morning, having asked for my times to be delayed a bit due to travelling with another competitor, to SOE for the 90cm class at the Ardingly Riding Club ODE :)
Got there and the weather looked a bit a bit overcast and decided it was going to drizzle for the dressage warm up!
Warmed up really nicely with the help of my wonderful instructor, and went in for the test :)
Did a really sweet and nice test, just need to remember to steady up a little bit more especially when it's on grass. Thought it would be around the 60% mark and was pleased with 41 penalties :)
Thankfully we were really lucky due to being the last to go in our class, that we didn't have long waits for SJ or XC :)
Popped into the SJ warm up and kept it fairly breif as he was already fairly warm from the dressage :) Popped 3 fences then went in. Jumped his little socks off for a clear round! :D (there weren't many clears so especially chuffed!)
Quick change of clothes for me and boot change for Oscar and onto the XC :)
Again kept the warm up short and just popped over a cross pole, a spread and a skinny fence before heading down the the start :)
Having walked the course on Saturday it was really nice! A couple of skinny fences and a few questions such as in the quarry and the steps but beside that I was really looking forward to it :)
Started really well and flew out of the box over fence one. Onto fence 2 and 3 and jumped them nicely out of his stride :) Then came a arrow turtle! ;) I was determined not to let him wobble so I sat up and lifted my hands and basically rode him "upwards" into a collected but powerful bouncy canter like my instructor showed me last weekend :) He pinged over and onto the next fence :D
Next up was the narrow tyres that we had a run out at last Summer. I was determined not to let the same thing happen again and ruin any of our chances!
Flew all the way round all the other fences! :D
Took him home and came back to help my friend and pick up the results. We came 9th!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D They placed up to 10th so we got a lovely rosette to take home and a I treated myself to a lovely pic over the dragon/crocodile thingy :)
OscarArdinglyODEApril2010040.jpg
(All credits to Spidge Photography who took some fantastic photos today :) )
It was our first double clear at a ODE :D
We finished just one second over the opimum time so got 0.4pens and finished on 41.4! :)
WOW I'm still buzzing!!!
Saw some fellow HHOers there and said hello to a few :)
Thanks for reading! Easter egg to those that finish! :)
P.s. I think we were parked next to Hattikins and if it was you, your coloured horse is gorgeous and it looked like you had a fab XC ride from what I saw! :)
P.P.S. I will upload some more pics and videos when I can get the camera from mum :)

Eventer96

twitter.com
We were not so successful... had a sweet-ish dressage test but it had rained by then and arena was very slipper, finished on 37.5 (not too bad but by no means our best). Showjumping he was a complete git, had our third stop at the second part of the double... really not impressed!! He gave me such a hard time, but I didn't think on my feet quick enough, complete rider error. Asked the sec if we could go XC and she gave us the go ahead. Flew round the XC like it was a piece of cake, first attempt at that level, so not too dissappointed. x

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
Thank you BronsonNutter :D It was near the end of the course as well (3rd from last) so he was still fairly happy within himself :)
And that doesn't sound too bad at all M :) That SJ was causing lots of problems in all classes! At least you had a good XC run :D x

AutumnRose

Visit site
Fab day well done!!!!!!!!!! I think i saw you now i see your pic but not sure enough to say hello.

I so wanted a pic at that fence but got so deep it wasn't a pretty one!!!

:) :) :) :) :)

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
AutumnRose I think I saw you too :) Though ditto about not being too sure! ;)
I had this one or a nice SJ one or a nice one where he put in rather a large jump over the ditch! ;) But I figured I go SJ more often so I can get more nice pics of that and I would rather have a pic of him jumping over a fence rather than just a ditch (albeit a rather big ditch by my standards! ;) ) x

Eventer96

twitter.com
Nice to see a few HHO'ers there :) And my sj-ing round was terrible! Felt so gutted afterwards, until they said I could go xc, then I got all nervous again :D

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
Yeah they are really good there about letting you carry on :) I had the same as you at their Summer one last year. First time doing the 90cms and they decided to announce I was in the ring just as I came up to the fence before the loudspeaker! :( Hence 3 refusals and the horse now rather nervous about that ring!! :( :( Was a shame then as he too flew round the XC! Typical! ;) x

Eventer96

twitter.com
Was nice to have a blast round a PN course :D Really don't know what to do regarding the showjumping, I think I will have to convert to a showjumper for a couple of months before going out eventing :( Oh well, well done onthe result, and the lovely rosette :D

Hattikins

Visit site
Well that sounds like a truly fantastic day to me! Very well done! :D What a fab pic over the hippo thing! Yes I think you may well have been parked next to us! - on the long side of the SJing arena. You should have come and said hello! Would have been lovely to meet you! I was oblivious otherwise i would have come to say hi myself! :D Had an absolutely lovely day - Coloured pony is an absolute sweetie - love him to pieces! Wish he was mine!

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
Thank you :) You too :D
Yep that was us :) With the massage rug and the blue car and trailer :)
I think that fence has been called everything imagineable! It does have a rather scary face!! x

Hattikins

Visit site
haha yes it had an "im going to eat you!" face! Not the most inviting but jumped very well, like the turtle/tortoise!!

Yes!! You were def next to us! right next to us! I remember seeing your pony all togged up in his massage rug and thinking he was looking very happy and pampered :D

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
Hahaaa! Only as the ground was so hard and he can suffer from a sore back! He fell asleep in it after the XC! ;) It's the YO's and is fantastic! We hire it off her :)
And the turtle was cool! The only thing was that Oscar was expecting a jump up by the blue and red house where there normally is one for all classes, so he was a bit suprised when I pulled him round from the turtle to start heading back! ;)
I saw you with an armful of rosettes! Successful day by any chance?? ;)

Hattikins

Visit site
hehe! yes i think a few were surprised by those carved fences!

Yes a successful day all round :D Little coloured was 3rd with me and would have won had i not picked up 6 too fast time pens despite the fact we trotted a bit of the course and he's only 15hands! - never mind! Posted a 27 dressage and double clear though so very happy as it was our first comp together for 2yrs :D His stable mate came 9th and a friend was also placed so happy days :D

Have you got any more events planned with yours??