I thought my horse was GREY...

Befney3

Visit site
...but when I arrived at the yard last night everyone claimed this brown thing was mine!
DSC00711.jpg

and the other side (he doesn't do things by halves)
smirk.gif

DSC00710.jpg

I had to spend half an hour hosing him off then even longer getting him dry before I could ride. Stupid horse.
mad.gif

For anyone who hasn't seen him before, this is what Chilli Boo usually looks like
P1000161.jpg

Befney3

Visit site
I had a bay with no white on her (not even one hair) before Boo. I have no idea what posessed me to buy a grey. It's worse 'cos he loves the mud so much. I think he wants to be a hippo!

PippiPony

Chocolatier and Greyhound lover
Visit site
Oh don't you just love them. I swore when i got a second horse i was not going to get another mare & i was never having a grey again & i didn't want to buy another 4 year old.
So i bought a 4 year old grey mare
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

So then i had 2 of the little swamp monsters to keep clean
grin.gif

Annagain

Visit site
I can't see the photos as work computers a bit funny but if he's anything like mine you have my sympathy! My IDxHippo digs a wallow first (I've never seen anything like it, there are holes all over the field) to ensure maximum mud coverage. For some reason although he loves a muddy body, he doesn't like having muddy hooves, so as he's mid roll on his back he rubs his hooves on his tummy, just to make my life even harder! I am NEVER having another grey. Next one will be bay/black with no socks. I can just about cope with white on its face!

muddy_grey

www.*******.com
I feel you pain (as my username will tell). My old girly used to get in the muddy pond even in the snow and wallow. There is no other word for it. They look fab when they're clean, but it takes elbow grease!

Goya

Visit site
I had one like that. She would dig herself a mud patch in her field. Mind you she could find mud and other things to discolour her coat from nowhere.
Don't you just love them.
I was shocked to see you had rain yesterday. we were sweltering.

Skippydo

Visit site
OMG
shocked.gif
is this a sign of things to come, my new neddy is grey!!! I looked for him for 18 months cos i needed the 'perfect' horse and funny enough in the back of my mind i new it would be a grey, maybe he's just 'perfec' not 'perfect'!! Love the pictures, brushes up beautifully though.

jesterfaerie

Visit site
HAHA oh I am so glad my grey is being nice to me recently and is very clean!
Thankfully he is only 13.1 so I don't have a full horse to clean.

Befney3

Visit site
Thank you for you sympathy everyone. I'm so pleased I'm not the only one who owns a wannabe hippo-horse.

BankEndRescue, I promise it's the same horse. Not very stunning when he does that tho!
mad.gif

skippydo, sorry to be the one to break it to you but this really is what you have to look forward to. Enjoy.
tongue.gif

Vicky_21, Boo's only 16.1 & I still struggle to reach the mud on the top of his bum so I don't envy you trying to clean yours.