i too fell off today....

Daffers

Visit site
Was having XC lesson today, mare was being nappy as had field mate with her who she usual hates in the field but cant stand being away from her at a competiton!! Popped the practice fence fine, moved on to a basic log with advertising board underneath, decided she was going to approach it side ways, until we ended up approaching the big bit, uuuuhhhhho oooohhhhh she put 1 leg over it, changed her mind, pulled backwards, ended up sitting on her arse struggling to get her back end up, muppet here suddenly thought she was likely to fall back over and had to get off some how, best thought at short notice was to kick off stirrups and slide off her arse, not realising that she had slightly got up i found it was a long way to the ground, (17.1hh) hence pitching on my head and winding myself...... rest of group at first where concerned but gradually broke into a case of "PSML"!!!!!

So i am know known as the lady who gracefully dismounts, i too did see the funny the side....eventually!! Will no doubt feel like i been hit by a bus tomorrow!
frown.gif

LauraBR

Visit site
lol! *whispers* all the best people fell off today
grin.gif

Sounds like just the kind of scary yet comedy situation I'm good at getting into!

Hope you are unhurt.

Daffers

Visit site
It was hilarious.... hearing from the others how it happened was quite amusing!!! Not seriously hurt, just a little bruised with a dented pride!!
blush.gif

My frind also fell off today, was a case of "Will she or wont she" but she did!!! Never have i seen someone get up so fast after a fall only cos she had cramp!!!!
grin.gif

flyingfeet

Visit site
Ibuprofen, arnica and a bath (maybe booze too!)

Still sounds like you didn't have a crashing fall (if your horse wasn't so big you would have landed on your feet!)