I want a 'Warm' handle on my fork .... can you help .....?

Eaglestone

Visit site
Righto you peeps, I know you can help, as you always do :);)

I am looking for some tape, which is black, warm and spongy, to wrap around my Fork Handle (I know there is a joke in there somewhere lol ). It's the stuff you find on the grips/handles of tools :confused:

I have been googling on and off all day and cannot find the stuff I am after, apart from Tennis/Squash Racquet grip.

Many thanks x

Eaglestone

Visit site
why not try a vet wrap bandage, maybe with a bit of sponge underneath?

That was quick :eek: ... and a very good idea :)

Not sure if it would be durable enough long term, but short term may be, also think it would be good for other uses, so thank you .... food for thought.

I know this black stuff is sold, but don't know what to google to find the evasive stuff :confused:

Eaglestone

Visit site
I took the metal handle off my fork and replaced it with a wooden one.

On no I could not do that :eek: ... it's brand new, as I got it for my birthday yesterday :D ... I also have 2 others, one for the field, one for the stables and one for the muck heap .... I have a fetish at the moment lol

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I like holding the handle after hubby has used the fork as he has such hot hands

Have you thought about using vet wrap a black one???

i use the future forks my favourite

Last edited:

Spottyappy

Visit site
Try googling,as I can't post a link, neoprane grutch guards/grips. These are put over the hand bars on crutches used when help is required when walking. Being neoprane,they are both warm and kinder to your hands. However,fitting them can be as difficult as putting on over reach boots wthout velcro! Soaking in hot water helps,and hopefully your fork maybe thinner than my daughter's crutches!

Eaglestone

Visit site
Once again HHO has come up trumps with ideas ... all good thanks :D;):)

However if anyone can find a link to the plain black spongy stuff, I would really appreciate it :)

Eaglestone

Visit site

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
No, it's about 3mm thick, best way of attaching it would be to get some double sided tape, it's about 2mm thick so would also add the the extra cushioning effect on the handle. Neoprene is the best to keep your hands warm.
Measure up with a tape measure how much width x length you need and I will see what I have lurking in the workshop and get back to you, if I have enough you'll have to PM me your address so I can shove it in a jiffy bag and send it, have it on me for Xmas, Oz :)

Eaglestone

Visit site
No, it's about 3mm thick, best way of attaching it would be to get some double sided tape, it's about 2mm thick so would also add the the extra cushioning effect on the handle. Neoprene is the best to keep your hands warm.
Measure up with a tape measure how much width x length you need and I will see what I have lurking in the workshop and get back to you, if I have enough you'll have to PM me your address so I can shove it in a jiffy bag and send it, have it on me for Xmas, Oz :)

That would be great, I will take my tape measure up to the boys tomorrow and pm you back the measurements.

Merry Christmas to you too :)

Oliver12

Visit site
I haven't got a very good grip these days and forks and the things you use for muck picking hurt my wrists. My husband who is an engineer and a caving fanatic customised the handle to make it thick and easy to grip. He used neoprene to wrap around and it's lovely and warm. He gets the neoprene to patch up his wetsuits from any caving/diving supply shop so might be worth trying there also.

Eaglestone

Visit site
I haven't got a very good grip these days and forks and the things you use for muck picking hurt my wrists. My husband who is an engineer and a caving fanatic customised the handle to make it thick and easy to grip. He used neoprene to wrap around and it's lovely and warm. He gets the neoprene to patch up his wetsuits from any caving/diving supply shop so might be worth trying there also.

Thank you :) .... each year I get weaker, sadly :( .... could once move 40 bales of shavings, now can barely pick up one :eek: