i want to move yards........... (sort of a rant)

Josh_craney

Visit site
But i cant as YOs wife is my mums boss and when ever anyone moves from the yard they get very bitchy about that person.
But reasons why i want to move are because they have no insurance and dont pay any business tax.
the yard is full of death traps,
its only summer turnout,
he gets upset if you leave a fluroscent light on in the tackroom and if you dont turn it off he keeps nagging at you (i really should explain that those lights cost more to turn on than they do to have on for an hour)
he gets upset if you use the hosepipe to clean the horrible sand from the school, from my horses legs,(he tells me to use a bucket of water) and its not even a cheap yard

ps:can someone give me advice on how to go about telling him about the light thing, without him going off it.
mad.gif

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
Get a torch! then you don't need to turn the light on.

You could move, and just say it's because ponio needs winter turnout.
So what if they're bitchy? they can't exactly sack your mum over it.

pixie

Visit site
Uhh, I wouldn't care if the YO was related to me, I'd still move.

It sounds horrendous, and I would be very concerned about them not having insurance. If anything happens to you whilst being there (and I mean something serious that would mean you required care/expensive treatment/whatever) then you would get *nothing* from them, even if they are completely at fault.

Josh_craney

Visit site
the things that got me thinking about moving was the fact that another livery was going up a ramp (a wooden plank) to the muckheap. he knew that it was full of the green slippy mould stuff anyway she slipped and was off work and couldnt walk for about 8 months she finally had to go to a private hospital and get it sorted but he didnt pay a penny, and he still hasnt sorted the problem. so i know walk down to th ebig muckheap. (he went moody with me doing this and im like well im leaving school soon and i dont want this to happen to my leg it will ruin my racing carrer as im hopefully going to the brs in 6 months.

Josh_craney

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Get a torch! then you don't need to turn the light on.

You could move, and just say it's because ponio needs winter turnout.
So what if they're bitchy? they can't exactly sack your mum over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre right she cant sack my mum but imagine the atmespehere
tongue.gif

_OC_

Visit site
Sounds like a delightful yard .....not!!!I would have legged it alot sooner......you have to do what's right for you and your horse.....and horse owning should be a pleasure without being moaned at all the time......I know there has to be rules and to take care that water and lighting is not abused.....but,......err, I'll go away and shut up!
mad.gif
PS Tell YO wife she is the bitch and and her OH to sort out his lights....get them put on a timer if he is so concerned.....!

Enfys

Visit site
Report them anonymously? Then, if they have an inspection they will have to buck their ideas up.
No help with the light I'm afraid, I'd just turn it on and off (and on and off) as YO wants, hopefully they'll get a huge bill and think about cost efficiency.

evsj

Visit site
And I thought my yard was bad....moving to a place with winter turnout is a perfectly good reason for going. they can't really take it out on your mum at work - if they do she could have a case for bullying in the workplace etc.

horsegirl

Visit site
Do you pay for the horse or does your mum? If you pay them move where you like, if your mum pays then i'm afraid you will have to do what she wants. Like the saying goes he who pays the piper picks the tune.

the watcher

Visit site
Can't you embellish the truth a bit to make it easier for your mum? Tell them you are going in to a share arrangement with the horse, but it has to be at the sharers yard, or some similar nonsense..if they check up just say the arrangement fell through but you like the new yard

TBH they sound like they need a trading standards visit