Pictures I wasn’t even meant to be window shopping, oops! (new arrival)

WelshHoarder

Visit site
After nearly a week in the company of this little goofball, I just had to share her with people who will understand my excitement!

We sadly lost one of our gang on New Year’s Eve, which wasn’t entirely unexpected but still a real shock when it actually happened. There was a big, empty hole in the herd, and although I was supposed to be letting things settle, a chance spot of an advert on a FB group, a lot of videos and a surprise ”let’s go and take a look” from the husband (just a 5 hour round trip…) has led to the arrival of a goofy, gangly, very babyish but utterly charming rising-2 Welsh D filly.

Yes, I’m probably bonkers, and yes, I’ve definitely got my hands full, but she’s adorable, has nice breeding, and will hopefully turn out to be a useful sort (ideally my son’s next stage ride when he outgrows baby Welshie, who I can’t really call that anymore! but we’ll see what the next few years bring…)

So, HHO’s, meet little Penny ❤️

2B52EEB4-4D36-4BFD-BF1B-223173AF0C98.jpegCAD76766-2717-403C-B23A-152A4E95B52A.jpegBF0F4475-B77F-44A4-A7BC-EBA5EDD3F9BE.jpeg

Last edited:

PurBee

Visit site
Ohhh she’s gorgeous! A cutie to brighten up these winter days ?

How have your herd taken to her?

I have a half welsh d mare…so am abit of a softy for them. She’s the boss here! I managed to find a baby photo of her as a yearling online from her breeders…she was so gangly and cute. Lovely movement they have and expressive characters ?

Wishing you so much joy with her…looking forward to updates!

WelshHoarder

Visit site
How have your herd taken to her?

Big lad is smitten (another girl for his harem!), retired pony is being polite as long as Penny stays away from her food, little Welsh C isn’t convinced yet - but she’ll come around. Blaze is so comical anyway that we’re just laughing at her antics as she tries to work out what this newbie is all about ?. Hoping they end up buddying up eventually, as the other two are very much an inseparable pair, and it was Blaze’s other half that we lost at new year.

Horsey humans here are head over heels with her, so far she hasn’t put a foot wrong for such a baby (apart from not really knowing where her feet actually are!)

WelshHoarder

Visit site
gorgeous! Looks like she’ll need to grow into her feet ? bless her

She really does - and her head ?. She’s definitely at that gangly “ugly duckling” phase they go through (not that she’s actually ugly, just out of proportion!), but hopefully over the next year or so everything else will catch up!

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Oh she's absolutely gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see your updates on her. She looks really like my Welshie Maddie - even down to the mealy muzzle and fluttery nostrils! Maddie has very similar colouring to Penny at the moment, including what I call her reindeer fluff on her legs, :)

Maddie in her summer coat:
185909532_2012558085549875_1478924838031109416_n.jpg