I wish.....

parsley

Visit site
there were hunts with no jumping
crazy.gif
Bomber loves hunting and l love the idea of gallavanting across the countryside but I'm terrified of jumping a little cross pole let alone a scary solid natural jumpy thing.

Can't someone invent something in East Anglia?

Bossanova

Visit site
Stick with the similar minded people who go round the jumps, through gates instead!!
Certainly our hunt has a large group of non-jumpers who seem to have just as much fun!!
grin.gif

parsley

Visit site
but what would I do if there wasn't a gate? I really am terrified of jumping
blush.gif

edited to say that I had thought of going on a children's meet but Bomber is HUGE

Helena88

Visit site
i'd like the same for my four year old who has never seen solid fences. but he likes hacking and to introduce him to it, it would be fab.

i dont think he'd be too pleased to go around fences if other horses were jumping them
wink.gif

vic07

Visit site
there is always the non jumping group out with our hunt. They are shown round the jumps. Talk to hunt sec before hand and they are generally very helpful.

Bossanova

Visit site
There are always gates- sometimes they require a large detour though!
smirk.gif

Seriously, if you talk to the hunt secretary they will be able to advise you but quite often they will have someone appointed who takes charge of the non-jumpers and shows them how to get round. Every hunt is different and the smaller ones prob wont do this but it's worth asking!

parsley

Visit site
I didn't realise there were non jumpers - I thought it would be like sea sick people going on a cruise to say you were scared of jumping. Now I have a lorry I could go to some of the early ones - I don't think I could get him fit enought into the season and I'm not sure it would be good for his leg.

Clodagh

Visit site
No hunts in East Anglia - that I can think of - have compulsory jumps. Here is Essex we have some jumps, but most people don't, so theres always a way around. Some massive ditches though!!

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Wow, move to our area, there are NO jumps.. infact, i don't think i've EVER jumped anything out hunting
frown.gif
not unless i've made a special detour to find something!!
The only time i've jumped anything out hunting, i had to have a special day out with the Taunton Vale.. jumped some mighty big hedges that day
cool.gif

vic07

Visit site
used to lose count of how many I'd jumped. New hunt, looks after non-jumpers so well we hardly leave the ground. I'm going dragging instead. Had my first day last year and jumped some mighty huge hedges. Yes the adrenalin is still continuing. Hunting is certainly not just for jumping though- you can have a great day without leaving the ground. Our hunt is great at making sure everyone gets home safely. I definately would ring your local hunt sec for a chat - they are usually very helpful.

welshpony

Visit site
I went out hunting with the West Norfolk and didn't jump a thing! The only people who actually jumped anything was the people at the front and there were only a couple of ditches anyway.