I would like to introduce you to...

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
... my new neddy, MrChilled :)

A three year old ID. A homebred (by a lovely lady), who hasn't been anywhere or done anything, just grown up with other youngsters. I've technically owned him for about a month, but he decided that loading really wasn't for him, so he remained in his field with his mates and his nice previous person checked him every day for me.

We went last week, and by 'we' I mean me, D1, and the lovely Mickey Gavin, in the new lorry. It was a grand day out, with the best bit being that some ground work by Mickey, under a rather lovely blue sky, the Murph ended up loading himself a number of times :) A bit of a break in a stable for a while, and then back to check he remembered what he was to do, which he did. I gave him some Sedalin, just to take the edge off, but not so much that balance would be an issue, and off we set. So steady! The clever MrChilled quickly learnt to balance and it was a peaceful drive home.

We arrived at the field. Our neds were forming a welcoming committee, admittedly in a lazy-at-the-bottom-of-the-hill-in-the-field-shelter sort of way, which was fine as he needed a little longer for the last of the Sedalin to be out of his system. Mickey was again grand, happy to wait and do what was right for the horse. Out for a leg stretch and a looksee before being turned out. MrChilled took a gentle pootle ahead of the others before they all settled down to graze. Titch was very good at being friends :) We went back to the field mid-evening and they were nicely grouped. D1's three got jealous when she went close to him, but other than that all was good and he was happy to come to me for a neck scratch.

I'm a very happy bobbo :) Each day he comes up as soon as he hears or sees me, which in a ten acre field is very useful lol. Loves a face rub. The others are now perfectly fine with him :)

I think I might have become somewhat besotted... Having to stop myself from just moving onto the field so I can watch him all day long :)

He's not really wearing a hat on his bum in the second picture (I feel a need to Photoshop :D).

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I'm so thrilled for you. I hope that you have many, many happy years together with no lameness issues at all (just see the Vet for vaccinations). :D

Mike007

Visit site
Your post was an education on the right way to do things . You may think you are lucky to have this horse .I KNOW he is lucky to have you. Congratulations to you both.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Thank you all so very kindly :)

Mike007 your words have made me blush, but I still believe I'm the lucky one :) :)

It's taken a long time for me to consider getting another one never mind actually doing it. He was the first horse I saw advertised (on HHO on one of the side adverts), the only horse I went to see, and I was the first to see him. Lost my heart to the lad at the first read of the advert :)

Tyssandi

Veteran
Visit site
... my new neddy, MrChilled :)

A three year old ID. A homebred (by a lovely lady), who hasn't been anywhere or done anything, just grown up with other youngsters. I've technically owned him for about a month, but he decided that loading really wasn't for him, so he remained in his field with his mates and his nice previous person checked him every day for me.

We went last week, and by 'we' I mean me, D1, and the lovely Mickey Gavin, in the new lorry. It was a grand day out, with the best bit being that some ground work by Mickey, under a rather lovely blue sky, the Murph ended up loading himself a number of times :) A bit of a break in a stable for a while, and then back to check he remembered what he was to do, which he did. I gave him some Sedalin, just to take the edge off, but not so much that balance would be an issue, and off we set. So steady! The clever MrChilled quickly learnt to balance and it was a peaceful drive home.

We arrived at the field. Our neds were forming a welcoming committee, admittedly in a lazy-at-the-bottom-of-the-hill-in-the-field-shelter sort of way, which was fine as he needed a little longer for the last of the Sedalin to be out of his system. Mickey was again grand, happy to wait and do what was right for the horse. Out for a leg stretch and a looksee before being turned out. MrChilled took a gentle pootle ahead of the others before they all settled down to graze. Titch was very good at being friends :) We went back to the field mid-evening and they were nicely grouped. D1's three got jealous when she went close to him, but other than that all was good and he was happy to come to me for a neck scratch.

I'm a very happy bobbo :) Each day he comes up as soon as he hears or sees me, which in a ten acre field is very useful lol. Loves a face rub. The others are now perfectly fine with him :)

I think I might have become somewhat besotted... Having to stop myself from just moving onto the field so I can watch him all day long :)

He's not really wearing a hat on his bum in the second picture (I feel a need to Photoshop :D).

Loving him, I do like an ID one of the best breeds IMO