I'd better introduce myself

Durhamchance

Visit site
Hello everyone, My name is Berni, I'm 26 and I live in Derbyshire.

I've joined the site because its time I got back into the saddle
smile.gif

I spent all of my teenage years working for rides, stewarding at local shows and looking after other peoples ponies. Then at 16 I went to Brackenhurst and did my ND in Horse Studies. After that I got a job and never got back into the saddle again
confused.gif

Since then I've put on three stone- so I dont think I could get into the saddle even if I tried!
wink.gif
So- my aim is to lose the weight and get back into it- because I miss it so much
frown.gif

So hello- and anyone who thinks they may know me- please drop me a pm
smile.gif

ken1

Visit site
Hello Berni and welcome. Good to hear you are getting back on. To lose weight? Mucking out, sweeping up and poo picking - best exercise ever for shedding pounds.

RedAdair

s630.photobucket.com
Hi Berni,
I was in a similar position a few years ago, hadn't ridden for a number of years, had got huge and needed to loose weight to be able to ride. But it is possible, I lost 7 1/2 stone and now have 2 cobs. May have put a bit of weight back on, but riding etc helps to keep the weight off.
It is a bit of a trek, but if you wanna come play with my ponies and poo pick with me you are more than welcome! I am near East Leake/Loughborough. Good luck with everything.