Ideas for baby horse not eating haylage

Batgirl

Visit site
3.5 year old - presuming first winter in (at the moment out overnight and in 10-5ish)

So tried it on the floor, it got mixed in with shavings and 'played' with
Tried haynet, wouldn't eat it
Tried putting in a trug, trug kicked over haylage in shavings

So Ideally I want him eating from floor level but I hate wasting too much.

Haybar?
Hayrack?
Munch station (vv expensive!)
Other ideas

be positive

Visit site
He must still be very new to you so will be settling in, having to get used to a different routine, being stabled when he is not used to it and having haylage in the strange stable, when he may only have had hay in the field previously, may be too much for his baby brain to cope with.

I would expect him to settle down and start to eat more in a few days/ week or so, for now I would hope he is getting plenty of grass and is not actually hungry, even if he looks as if he needs it, and not make a big deal out of whether he eats or not, they do pick up on our feelings and by moving the haylage around you are showing there is an issue, or now I would leave him with a token amount and put up with the small wastage, he will get used to eating inside and should make up for lost time in the end, if he will eat a small fibre based feed each day it may help him get used to eating inside but at the moment it is early days and I would not be too concerned.

I would probably turn out earlier if possible so he gets more grazing time and maybe try hay in case the haylage has a strong taste that is off putting.