Ideas for taking a horse on holiday

WesternHiPo

New User
Visit site
We want to take our 2 horses away for a short break from 5 August for 3 or 4 nights. Ideally the Lake District, but could look at North Wales, or other areas within a max of 3 hours drive from Ormskirk, Lancs. Any suggestions- cottages or B&B that have good reviews/personal experience of? Thanks

Annagain

Visit site
I’ve heard good things about riding on Cannock Chase. That can’t be too far from you? I saw somewhere on Facebook that was a holiday let with stables and a paddock. The owner also lived onsite and could act as a guide if you wanted her to. I can’t find it now but it might be worth a google.

racebuddy

Visit site
I live not far from u i go to magpie cottages in marple near Peak District takes an hour if that , lovely cottages / spa hot tub : lovely stables and grazing : great walks dog friendly , i use it as a holiday for my horse so he can chill out before the season xx

southerncomfort

Visit site
Don't know if Derbyshire might be a bit far but I can highly recommend Hoe Grange.

The owners are lovely people and have horses themselves. Always happy to ride with you to show you the local trails (and pub rides!).