Ideas on a postcard - keeping legs clean while riding

Batgirl

Visit site
Hi all, I won't bore you with all the in's and outs - horse has pastern dermatitis syndrome - have to keep his legs clean (all 4!). Only allowed to ride on dry roads to prevent additional infection in the scabs. Would you like to ride a horse that has essentially been on box rest for 5 weeks on the roads for the first few rides?? No me neither :) (He is bomproof normally but he is/was a fit 17hh warmblood and I think could explode like mount Vesuvius given the chance).

So I am trying to be creative - was thinking clingfilm and polo wraps or some such?! Any thoughts

Theocat

Visit site
Hi all, I won't bore you with all the in's and outs - horse has pastern dermatitis syndrome - have to keep his legs clean (all 4!). Only allowed to ride on dry roads to prevent additional infection in the scabs. Would you like to ride a horse that has essentially been on box rest for 5 weeks on the roads for the first few rides?? No me neither :) (He is bomproof normally but he is/was a fit 17hh warmblood and I think could explode like mount Vesuvius given the chance).

So I am trying to be creative - was thinking clingfilm and polo wraps or some such?! Any thoughts

Could you box to somewhere with clean dry tracks so you're off road? A lot of forestry has tracks like that.