Ideas please?

HeyMich

Visit site
Hello lovely HHOers, I wonder if you could throw some ideas for horse names my way please? Something that sounds like or similar to Susie, for a black/grey/white coloured cob. The only thing I can think of is Sooty, which is nice, but maybe not perfect....

Thanks all x

SpotsandBays

Visit site
I’m not sure but there are hundred of baby naming websites on google! I found w really good one with names from different countries, languages etc, we use that to help us name my friends foals!

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I don't think the name always has to sound like the previous one. My big guy was Prince, now Rex. Friends new cob has gone from Pride to Tommy to Tonto lol.

I agree. The vowels in my horse’s name were ‘ ay eh’. Now they are ‘ oh ee’. It took a matter of days for her to realise her new name.

HeyMich

Visit site
I don't think the name always has to sound like the previous one. My big guy was Prince, now Rex. Friends new cob has gone from Pride to Tommy to Tonto lol.

That's interesting to hear. The mare is 15 though, so I think she may be used to her name by now! It's unfortunate that it's a name that needs to be changed, for many reasons. I guess we'll work out if she still comes to call!

The front runners are Sushi and Suki. I think we're going to have a family vote... lockdown excitement or what?!

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I agree. The vowels in my horse’s name were ‘ ay eh’. Now they are ‘ oh ee’. It took a matter of days for her to realise her new name.

That's interesting to hear. The mare is 15 though, so I think she may be used to her name by now! It's unfortunate that it's a name that needs to be changed, for many reasons. I guess we'll work out if she still comes to call!.

My mare was about 14